Singing the praises of taro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singing the praises of taro

The 14th Annual East Maui Taro Festival will be held on April 1, 2006 in Hana. Hana (Keanae) produces a good percentage of the poi that is consumed in Hawai'i (the rest is grown on Kauai). The sight of the lo'i as you drive on the winding Hana Highway past Keanae is something I hope never disappears from the islands. The Festival (the 13th gathering) wasn't held last year because, ironically, it rained on the day it was supposed to happen. Hopefully the event won't be cancelled this year, because as it is, poi is a scarce commodity due to the inclement weather the islands have been suffering this year.

Here's some additional interesting information about kalo.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; March 6, 2006, 10:17 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Singing the praises of taro

Comment

Hmmmm...Mr. Ron Burgandy appears to be a many of few works and many periods. Wassup widat, bruddah?

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

as in the words of my filipino friend: Oh Poi!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Mmmmm... just had my fish and poi from Yama's last weekend.

Yet another reason I'm happy to live IN HAWAII...

Comment

I had poi with Onions and fish tonight at my friends house and boy was that good. I spoke with some people who tried poi for the first time in their life and they compare the taste to paste or something like that. I was wondering how do they know, I'm sure they never ate paste before. I know I wouldn't be fool to eat it, yet I wouldn't know what to compare it with maybe it's just an island thing. Ahhh why worry that just means more poi for me if no one eats it....
            A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Sorry about my ........ Was trying to figure out the techno.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgandy
                Sorry about my ........ Was trying to figure out the techno.
                Ahhh..................So at last he speaks. I was just kidding dude, so do you like taro too?
                A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Working...
                X