Billy Joel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Joel

Saw him in concert 20 years ago in Tempe, Arizona, he was great, much younger then and moved around alot on the stage. I'm sure his shows are more low key now. I remember the then Mrs. Joel sitting near us, we all know who that was, more eyes were on her at times throughout the show.

Anyways has Joel ever done a concert here before?

KalihiBoy

Re: Billy Joel

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
    Anyways has Joel ever done a concert here before?
    Not that I can remember. I remember a lot of talk of him maybe playing here in 2001, when Tom Moffatt and Elton John were in close orbit... but I don't remember if that was supposed to be his first or his next... and as far as I remember, it never happened, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      in 2001, when Tom Moffatt and Elton John were in close orbit
      Off topic, but speaking of Tom Moffatt --- anyone had a chance to look through his book, "Showman of the Pacfic," with photos, posters, ticket stubs, memories of fifty years of concert and radio work (co-authored by Jerry Hopkins)?

Comment

Don't know about Billy Joel but last night I made a request of someone who works for Tom to bring in Joss Stone. And while I have absolutely no pull or influence I did guarantee the sale of at least one ticket!

Comment

Joel played the Aloha Stadium in 1987 or 1988; he was on his way back from the Soviet Union concert he recorded and released as a live album. I saw him; he was great, but it was my last stadium show. I just can't get into shows at the stadium.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
          X