• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U2 4/8 Show POSTPONED

Was so looking forward to this....

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1918

And here:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br05p.html

Thoughts and prayers are with the sick family member.....

Re: U2 4/8 Show POSTPONED

I'm sorry for all the ticketholders, of course, but I am soooooo glad I decided to spend the money on Elvis Costello instead!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm also sorry for all the ticket holders! Especially, to my friends who took Special Time Off from their jobs to go. hahahahahaha

Suck thumb!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

That especially sucks for the people who were flying in from the Mainland for that big gathering, doesn't it? Oh well, at least they get to visit Honolulu anyway!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          That especially sucks for the people who were flying in from the Mainland for that big gathering, doesn't it? Oh well, at least they get to visit Honolulu anyway!

Miulang
          Oh! Yeah! Da guy who wanted da thread closed. He and his friends all coming hea. Plenty planning and money spent. Hmmm..das ok. Get odda things and entertainers foa see. hahahahahaha

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I think it sucks for U2.

Comment

Got my Ticketmaster notice:
              U2 Vertigo 2006 Tour scheduled at the Aloha Stadium on Saturday, April 08, 2006, at 7:30pm, has been postponed. The new date is to be announced. You may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method, however, we strongly recommend holding your tickets until the new date is announced. If you return your tickets for a refund, we will be unable to guarantee seating for the new date if you wish to attend once it has been announced.
              Despite the word "postponed" and references to "the new date," I'm wondering just how likely it is there'll be a show. After all, Ticketmaster is also pretty up-front with refund information, and frankly, given the kind of logistics required to set up a concert, I can't imagine the kind of behind-the-scenes shuffling a show on U2's scale would require to move... not just in Hawaii, but anywhere.

I guess one question is, is there a second big tour coming up for U2 that the delayed end of this Vertigo tour might run up against?

Comment

My theory is that either there will be no show... given the logistics of the whole Vertigo affair... or they will do something on a smaller scale... thus I hold on to my tix...

Actually we all stand a better chance of getting Pearl Jam down here... The new single "World Wide Suicide" is out, and the first leg of the tour has been announced... hopefully they'll end up in Hawaii... Boom Gaspar, the keyboard player, is from here, so hopefully we'll get a show or five out here...

Comment

Looks like November...:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002157485

Good news to hear the shows will still probably happen.

Comment

Actually this is bad news as I cannot imagine Aloha Stadium booking a concert during football season.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Excellent point. The stadium was to be in a baseball configuration for the show. Even worse with all the controversy of permanently configuring the stadium grandstands. Forget all the video screens and stage show. Let them play Blaisdell or Stan Sheriff and that'll work for me. It is about the music after all. They can still rock without all the extra stuff.

Comment

Looks like November now.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/14/f...s/story04.html

Comment

I still do not know how they will configure this with the football season well underway, does anyone have a UH schedule for 2006?

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                            I still do not know how they will configure this with the football season well underway, does anyone have a UH schedule for 2006?
                            From the UH Sports website at http://uhathletics.hawaii.edu/sport.html?p=3 :

2006 Football Schedule

Sept. 2: at Alabama
                            Sept. 9: Bye
                            Sept. 16: UNLV
                            Sept. 23: at Boise State*
                            Sept. 30: EASTERN ILLINOIS
                            Oct. 7: NEVADA*
                            Oct. 14: at Fresno State*
                            Oct. 21: at New Mexico State*
                            Oct. 28: IDAHO*
                            Nov. 4: at Utah State*
                            Nov. 11: LOUISIANA TECH*
                            Nov. 18: SAN JOSE STATE*
                            Nov. 25: PURDUE
                            Dec. 2: OREGON STATE

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Unless they are scheduling this concert on a weekday, which is a BAD idea with rush hour traffic and such I do not see this concert happening. Aloha Stadium only has the first weekend of November open and I bet those are reserved for the initial overseas dates.

Also I cannot imagine U2 doing a show at a smaller venue unless they close thieir tour here and do like 5 shows at the Blaisdell.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
                              X