Maui air ambulance crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui air ambulance crash

All three on board died. See the story at http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...WS01/603090343
    The pilot was the son of one my good friends. Please keep his family (and the families of the other two) in your thoughts and prayers today.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Maui air ambulance crash

Originally posted by LikaNui
    All three on board died. See the story at http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...WS01/603090343
    The pilot was the son of one my good friends. Please keep his family (and the families of the other two) in your thoughts and prayers today.
    I heard this on the news this morning. My thoughts & prayers goes out to your friend and his family as well to the others.

Aloha,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Awww...please extend my condolences to your friend and to the ohana of the other two victims, Likanui. Where they crashed was on the approach to OGG (right by Krispy Kreme) so they were soooo close to the airport. It's especially hard to take when you know those people were on their way to pick up a seriously ill patient who needed care in Honolulu.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Such a sad story. The amateur video coverage I saw on the news last night was very dramatic. It's horrible that anyone lost their life but a miracle that no one on the ground was killed.

My prayers go out to your family friends, LikaNui. I can't begin to imagine the anguish and pain they're going thru right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          It's especially hard to take when you know those people were on their way to pick up a seriously ill patient who needed care in Honolulu.
          Sadly, the patient they went to pick up was a child. I don't know yet if it was a routine flight or an emergency, but of course we all hope the child is okay.

Comment

Caught in last nights news. Prayers up, Likanui. For you too.

Comment

Deepest Regrets to the family of the 3 Hawaii Medivac crew members.
              My wife came home last nite, later then usual, very distraught. Are you okay, shakingly she says I can`t believe how that plane went down.
              Her Company`s base yard is right across the highway. Anyway she was telling me that her other co-worker we`re talking story when she noticed this airplane coming towards their baseyard very low. She told me she motioned for her co-worker to look at how low, and the way this plane was flying. She said the plane kept banking and the engine kept dying off. It passed right above us, I could see the belly of the plane, that`s how low it was. Thre next thing I see the plane do a sharp dive up, then banks and BOOM!!!
              MAHALO AKUA!!!! This accident could have been worst!!!
              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Lika, Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the crash victims, as well as their families and friends. We will also pray for you and your family during this time of mourning.

Comment

waaaa-hou!

did the SB scoop da advahtizah again?!

http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/10/news/story02.html

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                    waaaa-hou! did the SB scoop da advahtizah again?!
                    Pretty much the same story is on the Advertiser's website. And I'm sorry, Kimo, but given the situation with my friend's son dying in this crash, I really REALLY don't give even the tiniest fraction of a damn who "scooped" whom or who earned a "waaaa-hou" about it.

Comment

Sorry; just get carried away with the politics of local media... seeing how it looks as if da advatizah rewrote the SB's story...

but yea, yer right. i hear ya. apologies and withdrawn..
                      Last edited by kimo55; March 10, 2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        Sorry; just get carried away with the politics of local media...
                        No problem. I've been known to do that too.

but yea, yer right. i hear ya. apologies and withdrawn.
                        Gladly accepted, brah. No shame.

Comment

This particular news left me quite shaken. Our company is contracted to provide monitoring services for severely ill heart patients who happen to be on a certain machine and who require transport to Honolulu. I've done transport with HI Air Ambulance before. Had the patient been on that machine, I might not be here today. I happened to be involved today with the patient who was on the plane trip prior to that tragic one--same plane, possibly same crew. My heart also goes out to the victims and their loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                            the plane trip prior to that tragic one--same plane, possibly same crew.
                            Definitely was the same crew.
                            Friends of Peter's family are working on setting up a memorial fund. Peter didn't have a wife or children, so the funds will probably go to Hawaii Air Ambulance to help replace the medical equipment that was destroyed.

Comment

Hawaii Air Ambulance has set up bank accounts to the families of the three victims. Anyone interested can make a donation at the airport branch of Hawaii National Bank on Lagoon Drive.

Peter Miller: The pilot, 32, always talked with friends about his love for flying

Brien Eisaman: The nurse, 37, said in his last broadcast that he saw the airfield

Marlena Yomes: Friends recall the paramedic, 39, as having a bubbly personality
                              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X