"The Evidence" on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Evidence" on ABC

On Wednesday, March 22, ABC will debut the crime drama "The Evidence." Another cop show, but with a twist:
    In the series, the crucial "evidence" in the case will be presented at the outset of the story. All of the pieces to the puzzle will be known by viewers from the beginning. The question is -- how does it all fit together?
    Starring Rob Estes, Orlando Jones, and Martin Landau.

I'm curious if it's going to be more "NYPD Blue" (cops on the street) or "CSI" (investigators in the lab). Or if the "evidence inventory" gimmick will be overdone to the point where it feels like a game show. It's an interesting hybrid of the two crime series models (viewers see the crime first and watch the characters figure it out, or we mostly know only what the characters do), but it also sounds like it might be more interesting to write than it will be to watch.

"The evidence this week is a rubber ducky, a cheeseburger wrapper, a bowler hat, and a lizard. How will it all fit together?"

Re: "The Evidence" on ABC

Been seeing the promos the last couple of weeks. I am kind of wondering what is going to happen to Invasion since this series will be taking it's timeslot.

Martin Landau is in the series. Interesting.

Comment

This is a bad sign for Invasion, especially if the new show takes off. The same thing happened on ABC Sunday nights. Grey's Anatomy was introduced as a mid-season limited run replacement in a time slot once occupied by Boston Legal. Turned out to be more popular than its predecessor and Anatomy kept the slot. Boston was not cancelled but moved to another day.

Invasion being a scifi show, probably will not fare as well as Boston Legal if Evidence turns out to be a hit. I don't know what the current ratings are for Invasion, but the show has not benefited much from the Lost lead-in.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I had the impression that all of the evidence in the episode would be gathered at the begining, but after watching the first episode it's not the case. The start of the episode shows all of the evidence that is going to be collected thru the episode.

Comment

Last night's episode (4/12) had 5 dead bodies with various numbers of bullet holes as the evidence. They didn't even show the gun that did it as the evidence.

In any event overall the series has a background plot of the Rob Estes character's wife has been murdered some time ago and he is trying to piece it together. I also suspect that the Martin Landau character might be related to the Rob Estes character's wife, I would hazard to guess like an uncle.

Comment

Really, Helen? Why do you think the Dr is related?

I enjoy the show but feel like I was misled a little. It seemed like the show was being promoted as something you try to solve yourself after seeing the clues. Oh well.

I like the characters and LOVE the SF city scenes. I lived in SF for about 15 years. I love trying to guess where each scene is shot. It is not as easy as with Nash Bridges or Streets of San Francisco because they pan the cameras pretty fast in Evidence.

Comment

I've enjoyed the show....by presenting the evidence in the beginning, it DOES mislead you into thinking what had happened and why, and then as the story plays out, takes on different unpredictable twists. I'm a sucker for unpredictable twists.

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim
                Really, Helen? Why do you think the Dr is related?
                It's how Dr. Gold (Martin Landau) and Shawn Cole (Rob Estes) interact with each other in a scene, plus Cayman Bishop's (Orlando Jones) reactions (or lack of) when the three of them are in a scene.

Comment

Working...
                X