Best Carwax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Carwax?

What car wax do you use and why? How long have you been using it?

I'm always interested in what products consumers feel are best.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Best Carwax?

Been using Rain Dance since the late 70's. Easy on, easy off. I still buy it, even though I may not use it. Now I take the cars to one of those automated carwashes and get The Works. One "car" is a van and there's no way I'm going to wax that much sheetmetal.

Comment

Look no further than The Wax Shop Super Glaze. I swear, this is THE BEST. I've used it on a Honda, Toyota, Volvo and Buick, and every one has maintained a showroom quality finish during my care for them - some more than 5 years old. Works great on motorcycles too, like sportbike bodywork and fuel tanks.

ALL new vehicles use a base coat with a clear coat finish. In that regard, Super Glaze's solvent-based Carnauba formula seems to "condition" the clear coat, with the perfect balance of abrasiveness to clean and polish. It also doesn't leave that unsightly white caking on plastic and rubber trim. In fact, I use it on the glossy plastic trim, black rubber and painted metal door sills and it gives those areas a much better lustre and resilience vs. "ArmorAll" products.

Like all wax jobs, don't work in the sun. In the shade, like your garage. Wash or shami your car first. Pour some Super Glaze on a slightly damp sponge and apply to your car, starting from the roof, working your way down. Use circular applications, while continuously applying more Super Glaze to your sponge. Do the WHOLE vehicle. It will dry and haze fairly quick. When dry and hazed, buff the entire car to a shiny lustre using a DRY terrycloth towel, cotton t-shirt or cheese cloth.

Super Glaze is available at most stores in the auto care department, $7-10/bottle.

Why does it feel like I just typed out an Infomercial? lol

Honestly, SUPER GLAZE. GET IT.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

No wax for me thanks.
        ZAINO!
        Been using Zaino Bros. polymer polishes for the last 5 years and my last 2 cars have been black,and they always had a showroom mirror finish.

http://www.zainostore.com/

Comment

Wizard's Shine Master

Comment

McKinley Car Wash once a week.

Comment

Meguair's 3 step wax: Cleaner Wax, Polish, Carnauba Wax.

The Cleaner wax removes fallout and paint contaminants.

The Polish adds that "wet" look to the car.

The carnauba is the hard wax to seal it all in.

The car gets a shine that I can't get anywhere else. Be prepared to spend the whole day doing this though...waxing one coat takes a while. Now you have to do three (but it's worth it).

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai

Look no further than The Wax Shop Super Glaze. I swear, this is THE BEST.
                Pomai, about how long can you go in between wax jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye

Now I take the cars to one of those automated carwashes and get The Works. One "car" is a van and there's no way I'm going to wax that much sheetmetal.
                  DRE, how effective is that type of car wash wax treatment? Is it comparable durability-wise to hand waxed jobs?

Comment

Working...
                  X