Chemical Spill At UH Medical Facility-Kakaako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical Spill At UH Medical Facility-Kakaako

A vial was broken this morning at the UH Medical Facility in Kakaako! Aiyah!! One person is known to be injured. Reports are still coming in.

Now it's called a Chemical Spill.

Precaution measures taken - 3/4 mile.

Stay away from the area! Traffic is BAD!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 14, 2006, 05:46 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Chemical Spill At UH Medical Facility-Kakaako

I dunno, I saw Manolo Morales from KHON-TV standing right in front of the Med School building, so if the emergency guys let him stand there then it couldn't be all that dangerous. Maybe it was only dangerous in the actual lab where the stuff got spilled.

Comment

Was Manolo emitting any strange rays as he reported on the chemical spill?

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm..on KITV4, they reported that two Security Guards were overcome by fumes. A another person who was passing by went on his way but needed medical attention near Ala Moana Beach Park. All three were taken to Queens Medical Center Emergency.

One would think that as a precaution - make everyone stay away from the area including MEDIA.

It's only for their Safety.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Actually, this is not as serious as it would be if you happened to live in a meth house or anywhere near a meth house. At least at places like UH, they do have safety precautions and procedures to follow in the event of accidents like this. If you live near a meth lab or a house that was a former meth lab, you have no guarantee that the constant exposure won't harm you eventually. I get especially angry at parents who use/make the stuff in the presence of their keiki.

There isn't a community in the US that isn't impacted by meth houses; and if you're buying an existing house (as opposed to building it from the ground up) you have to do some sleuthing around to make sure that house you want so badly to buy hasn't been contaminated by the byproducts of meth cooking. Decontamination is a costly thing, and the house doesn't necessarily have to be a shack.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

In the StarBulletin this morning http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/15/news/briefs.html

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X