Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism going extinct

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/ar...90002&cid=2194

Check out this article. Racism, even in Hawaii, is coming under fire from all directions. Skin Color, or blood quantum, was Hitler's favorite way to identify people. Hate is a strong word, but I HATE racism, and racists. I feel blessed that I was not taught racism as a child. And it breaks my heart, and angers my mind, when I see small children in Hawaii praised for their use of the word "haole". This issue will become very poignant as my daughter enters Kindergarten, and starts to progress through the school system in Hawaii.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Racism going extinct

I was told by a friend, who read it somewhere, that there are more people in the Klu Klux Klan now than 40 years ago!
    I don't know if it's true, but what a scary thought,eh?!

Just in case anyone doesn't know what the KKK is... it's an anti Afro-American rasict group made up of caucasians. Long ago the group would hang, burn or otherwise kill in order to terrorize. Lately I've only heard of marches (parade style), but who knows what truly goes on outside of the media reports.

We're all just Human Beings from Planet Earth. Won't you be my neighbor?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I was living in NYC several years ago when the KKK apparently came to the city for a 'demonstration' or whatever they were doing.

I kid you not.. all kinds of blacks AND whites went to that and booed them the fuck out of the city! I think there were only a few of the head guys who were involved in the KKK who came from out of town but anyways but they quickly found they had no followers anywhere in NYC!

Can't speak for the rest of the nation however. No clue.
      Last edited by Tiger Beer; April 2, 2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
        Racism, even in Hawaii, is coming under fire from all directions. Skin Color, or blood quantum, was Hitler's favorite way to identify people. Hate is a strong word, but I HATE racism, and racists. I feel blessed that I was not taught racism as a child. And it breaks my heart, and angers my mind, when I see small children in Hawaii praised for their use of the word "haole". This issue will become very poignant as my daughter enters Kindergarten, and starts to progress through the school system in Hawaii.
        Considering that Jews bore the brunt of Hitler's hatred and resultant policies, it's a bit of an oversimpliciation to state that he was just a racist. By the very act of living in the United States and making distinctions based on the artificial construct of "race", everyone is a "racist" to a certain extent. It might be somewhat helpful to peruse the works of Berkeley professor, David A. Hollinger.

More pertinent to Hawai'i is an analysis of the German concept of Ausländerfeindlichkeit, which loosely translates as "hostility against foreigners." Anti-haole sentiment held by some kanaka maoli is somewhat similar. However, when one takes in account that most kanaka maoli have some degree of haole ancestry, it seems a little silly.

I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed that the "politics of NO" haven't been mentioned yet.
        Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
          I was living in NYC several years ago when the KKK apparently came to the city for a 'demonstration' or whatever they were doing.

I kid you not.. all kinds of blacks AND whites went to that and booed them the fuck out of the city! I think there were only a few of the head guys who were involved in the KKK who came from out of town but anyways but they quickly found they had no followers anywhere in NYC!

Can't speak for the rest of the nation however. No clue.
          Hanacoocooleulei!! You wen use da bAD wORD! dAT'S a No No!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

oopss sorry for the swear words.. message board habit from posting on these other Korea forums i often post on.

i'll have to keep it on mind not to do that over here..

Comment

Hitler was a bad man. He's responsible for over 12 million deaths at the hands of extermination(not battlefield related) of which only 6 million were Jews. There were also Slavs, Poles, Africans, dwarves, retards, and the deformed/crippled, among others. Many people don't know that.

That long German word is probably a synonym for Xenophobia, which means a fear of outsiders.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

That long German word is probably a synonym for Xenophobia, which means a fear of outsiders.
                Ausländerfeindlichkeit is not exactly a synonym for "xenophonia" or "fear of outsiders" -- it's actually a somewhat all-encompassing term that German scholars use to discuss Die Rassismus (ie. racism"), while avoiding a direct linkage to Germany's Nazi past.
                Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

I don't want to sound like a freak here... however, this is one situation where I could see the end of racism here on the planet due to a "fear factor"

Can you imagine the year 3006... If there are other worlds out there that could sustain human life...and then all of a sudden one of those people landed on earth...

The whole planet might freak out and come together as one race....
                  "The Earthlings"

We would work as one Earth to protect ourselves from the other worlds out there.

Comment

Hitler was a bad man. He's responsible for over 12 million deaths at the hands of extermination(not battlefield related) of which only 6 million were Jews. There were also Slavs, Poles, Africans, dwarves, retards, and the deformed/crippled, among others. Many people don't know that.
                    I don't mean to defend Hitler or the nazis but I found this article interesting. The life of a black man who grew up in nazi Germany is described. To be sure he was barred from joining the Hitler Youth and other organizations but he was no more persecuted than he would have been in the US at that time. Maybe even less.

Many people don't know this. Things are never as simple as they first appear to be or as Timkona tries to make them appear. His use of the word retard shows a bigotry towards the mentally challenged which is akin to racism.
                    Last edited by Paul; April 5, 2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Political correctness drives me nuts too
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Political correctness drives me nuts too
                        I concur it drives me up the wall too..
                        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

The other side of the coin to being politically correct is being labelled a hypocrite and elitist. Which would you rather be called?

Miulang
                          Last edited by Miulang; April 11, 2006, 06:59 PM.
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                            The other side of the coin to being politically correct is being labelled a hypocrite and elitist. Which would you rather be called?
                            I disagree, neither have any correlation to each other.
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                              I don't mean to defend Hitler or the Nazis but I found this article interesting. The life of a black man who grew up in Nazi Germany is described. To be sure he was barred from joining the Hitler Youth and other organizations but he was no more persecuted than he would have been in the US at that time. Maybe even less.

Many people don't know this. Things are never as simple as they first appear to be or as Timkona tries to make them appear. His use of the word retard shows a bigotry towards the mentally challenged which is akin to racism.

Yes it sounds like you are trying to defend Hitler...sorry to say.
                              That being said, I don't agree with Tim Kona all the time. But
                              he does speak to truth. It seems you can't accept that fact
                              or oblivious to it.

You wouldn't be raking him over the coals every time if the
                              latter was not the case. It seems you have a deep personal
                              grudge against him(that is really obvious). All I can say is
                              the truth hurts...deal with it..
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X