• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Dalton Tanonaka?

How is DT doing?
    I sure hope he is back on his feet, we all
    miss him.

What ever happened in the "Peter Boy" missing child case.

How are Mr.and Mrs. Watanabe (florist). The mother and father of the clan.

Has anyone heard anything about Russell D.C Kim, he used to practise
    law downtown got mixed up with the Ronald Rewald scandal.

Re: Where is Dalton Tanonaka?

Google - it's easy as 1-2-3!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Dalton Tanonaka was supposed to start his prison sentence on December 15th, and it was a three-month sentence. So did he finish it this week? Haven't seen any mention of it in the papers.

Comment

Thanks Glen.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Dalton Tanonaka was supposed to start his prison sentence on December 15th, and it was a three-month sentence. So did he finish it this week? Haven't seen any mention of it in the papers.
          Good point, Glen. I wonder. They reported the Dec. 15 date in November, but I guess not when he actually reported to court. If he was released this week, he's still going to be under house arrest for another three months.

It was reported when Rene Mansho completed her one-year term.

Comment

Wayne Harada answers our questions:
            After spending jail time for campaign-spending irregularities, one-time candidate for lieutenant governor and Congress Dalton Tanonaka has returned to his career as a broadcast journalist. Now living in Indonesia, the former CNN Asia anchor is co-anchoring "Indonesia Now," a weekly English-language show on Jakarta-based Metro TV. On the show's Web site, Tanonaka says the program's mission is to "provide an honest and balanced look at what's happening here" to help erase stereotypes and misrepresentations about Indonesia.

Comment

The web site for Indonesia Now has a quick here's-the-new-guy blurb about Dalton.

THE NEWEST CHALLENGE FOR TANONAKA

He's been involved in start-ups before, but Dalton Tanonaka says "Indonesia Now" is his biggest challenge.

"To me, there’s more than just starting a new program at stake here. It's about shining important light on critical issues," says the veteran news anchor who's helped launch similar projects in Tokyo and Hong Kong.

The perception of an Islam versus the West battle is played out in the media throughout the world. But often than not, Tanonaka believes, it's an unbalanced view that the public sees.

"We will report in an unbiased, complete manner from the home of the world’s biggest Muslim population," he promises.

Journalistic goals aside, Tanonaka says living for the first time in Southeast Asia has been a pleasant adventure. "I’m enjoying the people, who are Indonesia’s best resource. And there so many fascinating places to visit, some where time seems to have stopped.

"And if you want an unbelievable foot massage, this is the place."

Comment

Working...
              X