Protecting Hawai'i's farmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting Hawai'i's farmers

There are a bunch of bills in the Legislature designed to protect and promote Hawai'i agriculture. Hopefully at least some of the bills will pass, because growing food in Hawai'i will be critical to survival if there ever was an emergency where you couldn't ship goods in from out of state.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Protecting Hawai'i's farmers

The Politics of NO will destroy farming in Hawaii in the long run. The NO, in this case, will be against taller buildings. The only way to protect ag space in the long run, is to build tall, taller, tallest, buildings.

We can grow children on the 97th floor, but we cannot graze cattle or plant orchards up there.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
      We can grow children on the 97th floor, but we cannot graze cattle or plant orchards up there.
      Sure you can. You just need a lot of roof.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
        Not my children. What keeps your scheme from turning out as "projects".
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

To keep the tall buildings from turning into projects, they must include mixed uses....retail or business at the low levels....small studios in the next floors for young singles and poor folk....1 br above that for young couples....2 bedrooms above that for small families....then 3 br ...then penthouses at the top floors

the mixing of the economic strata inside an elevator means that struggling students who need odd jobs run into rich folks who need clean toilets

the space required for a bed, toilet, & shower is really only 300 sf....talk about solving the affordable housing crisis !
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

It is highly likely that Hawaii will be able to import goods from out of state for quite some time to come. When fossil fuels run out, think of the rise in demand for sailors like myself. We have been able to transport goods long distances across oceans for centuries. In fact, history would show that Hawaiians were quite accomplished at that skill.

To think of the Hawaiian Islands as "isolated" due to circumstances is pretty far fetched methinks.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
            X