Getting Rid of Itchies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rid of Itchies

Does anyone know how to get rid of the itchies? My other half got 8 bumps from this bug (well, she thinks so), and the itchies are not going away. I don't think it is serious enough to see a doctor (going away), but in the mean time, the itchies is driving her crazy.

Any suggestions (we are going to try the aloe plant tonight) to get rid of the itches? Thanks!!!

Re: Getting Rid of Itchies

Try Calamine Lotion or Noni Lotion.

Or Mix Corn Starch and Water and apply to itchy area.

If itchyness persists, seek medical treatment. Especially, if fever appears.

Auntie Lynn

btw: Do you what kind of Bug?

It could be an allergic reaction. At first it could be itchyness then it affect breathing. Don't mess around with possible Alergic Reactions. It can be fatal.
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 21, 2006, 10:19 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
      Does anyone know how to get rid of the itchies? My other half got 8 bumps from this bug (well, she thinks so), and the itchies are not going away.[...]
      Me too! And I have no idea where those bumps are coming from. They just seem to 'happen' and are not related to any one room or one time of day. They're definitely not mosquito bites. And they're not reacting as if they're spider bites. Some bumps itch for several days...others go away in a few hours. All occur above the shoulders...mostly on my face but occasionally on my neck and around my hair line. Once they stop itching they're still visible for several days.

Another thought...I saw on the news that bed bugs have become a problem. Did your other half wake up one morning to discover these 'bumps'. That happened to a friend of mine. It may not have been bed bugs but some hungry bugs managed to find they're way between her sheets one night and declare her a 5 star restaurant! She ended up needing to seek medical treatment.

I'm not a doctor, 'kay! That said, if your other half's itching is allergy related she might try taking Benadryl to see if that helps to alleviate the itching. Careful, tho', as Benadryl usually makes one drowsy.

Comment

Does anyone know how to get rid of the itchies? My other half got 8 bumps from this bug (well, she thinks so), and the itchies are not going away. I don't think it is serious enough to see a doctor (going away), but in the mean time, the itchies is driving her crazy.

Any suggestions (we are going to try the aloe plant tonight) to get rid of the itches? Thanks!!!
        Check on the other thread "Ukus in the bed" for symptoms of bed bug bites. Check your bedding to see if you spock any of those buggahs.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I highly recommend Hydracortisone/Hydrocortisone cream for relief from the "itchies!" It's available over the counter at any store like Walmart or Long's.

Comment

I know that using clear nail polish over the top of the bump would help get rid of the itching... lack of oxygen if it is a type of bug

lanacane could also help thats what we used as a kids for mosquito and flea bites
            Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Try Calamine Lotion or Noni Lotion.

Or Mix Corn Starch and Water and apply to itchy area.

If itchyness persists, seek medical treatment. Especially, if fever appears.

Auntie Lynn

btw: Do you what kind of Bug?

It could be an allergic reaction. At first it could be itchyness then it affect breathing. Don't mess around with possible Alergic Reactions. It can be fatal.
              We tried to find the bug, bug no luck. Have no idea. Health wise (thank you!!!), she is doing fine, like nothing is wrong, but when she go take a shower, it looks like a connect the dots book. 8 of them. All in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                Me too! And I have no idea where those bumps are coming from. They just seem to 'happen' and are not related to any one room or one time of day. They're definitely not mosquito bites. And they're not reacting as if they're spider bites. Some bumps itch for several days...others go away in a few hours. All occur above the shoulders...mostly on my face but occasionally on my neck and around my hair line. Once they stop itching they're still visible for several days.

Another thought...I saw on the news that bed bugs have become a problem. Did your other half wake up one morning to discover these 'bumps'. That happened to a friend of mine. It may not have been bed bugs but some hungry bugs managed to find they're way between her sheets one night and declare her a 5 star restaurant! She ended up needing to seek medical treatment.

I'm not a doctor, 'kay! That said, if your other half's itching is allergy related she might try taking Benadryl to see if that helps to alleviate the itching. Careful, tho', as Benadryl usually makes one drowsy.
                Benadryl no working. Going to to check out the aloe plant tonight. It was like she was checking her mail and then the next minute, it's like ... ow ow ow ow ... we checked for the bug, or bugs on the floor and on the seat and zero. NO bugs, nothing. Zero. Maybe the ghost bug or something.

Comment

You guys have dogs or cats in the hale? Maybe fleas?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

We have cats, but they are on revolution.

Comment

If the itching continues, it might be worth it to check with a dermatologist who might be able to figure out what's causing the bites and/or a way to get rid of the itchies. They have a name for that syndrome: "illusory parasitosis" Another possibility is scabies mites. Does she work in a hospital or health care facility?

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; March 22, 2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

how long have they been on the Revolution... is it near time to be treated again? do they go outside? do your neighbors have animals? because they (fleas) could just hop a ride an bite but later die if the conditions are right
                        Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Found out why mosquito bites itch...

When the mosquito stabs her needle-like mouthparts through the skin of her victim, she injects her saliva -- teeming with digestive enzymes and anticoagulants. The first time a person is bitten, there is no reaction. With subsequent bites, the person becomes sensitized to the foreign proteins, and small, itchy, red bumps appear about 24 hours later. This is the most common reaction in young children........
                          more info: http://health.yahoo.com/ate/drgreene/allqa/00010078

Comment

I had the same thing about 2 months ago. Calamine, Benadryl, and aloe stopped the itching (not at the same time...I used whatever I saw first). Turned out the bed bug population is rising in Hawaii (especially on Kauai). The DOH blames the rise in visits by cruise ships and mainland arrivals here.
                            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

That's not bedbugs or fleas...that's Beatles.
                              Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
                              The DOH blames the rise in visits by cruise ships and mainland arrivals here.
                              Oh, man, here we go again; it's always the fault of the malihini - isn't everything? (Just kidding, just kidding! )

Comment

Working...
                              X