MUST see!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUST see!

Electric guitar fans... classical music fans... heck, all music fans... you must check out the 5-minute video at http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8 . It's a 14-year-old boy playing Johann Pachelbel's "Canon" (if the name doesn't ring a bell, you'll definitely recognize it when you hear it) on electric guitar. Wow wow WOW!!!
    Looking forward to your comments on it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: MUST see!

One word ~ "AWESOME!"

Auntie Alohilani Anani
    (das my new name)
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

incredible.

Still searching for a rock guitar documentary hosted by jeff skunk baxter wherein they interview many guitarists, visit the gibson factory and there is this one segment where this like... 10 year old biy gets outta this limo and walks into a recording studio. da keed is all dressed up in leather hat, leather jacket with studs and buttons, and I thot. ok, ready for anything. He aint a poser cuz he is in this video. The kid was shreddin like the spawn of malmsteen van halen and pagey.

amazing.
      Last edited by kimo55; March 27, 2006, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        incredible.
        My thought exactly. And I sent that link to every musician friend I can think of. Just... amazing!
        Two more links of interest, though not in the same leage as the earlier one:
        A guy playing two guitars at once, at http://youtube.com/watch?v=OSzUe3ZQvxQ .
        A guy playing "The Simpsons" theme on acoustic guitar, at http://youtube.com/watch?v=CTdBsguiVTs .
        And as long as we're at it, watch the second dancer in the clip at http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSoVKUVOnfQ !
        And 40 seconds of my new favorite female singer, at http://youtube.com/watch?v=kCvImnD32os .

Still searching for a rock guitar documentary hosted by jeff skunk baxter wherein they interview many guitarists, visit the gibson factory and there is this one segment where this like... 10 year old biy gets outta this limo and walks into a recording studio. da keed is all dressed up in leather hat, leatrher jacked with studs and buttons, and I thot. ok, ready for anything. He aint a poser cuz he is in this video. The kid stated shreddin like the spawn of malmsteen van halen and pagey.
        Not Johnny Lange by any chance, was it? You didn't say when you saw the documentary, but I've seen clips of him playing at about that age and da boy wuz HOT.

Comment

ever see this vid?

Crossroads (1986) -- Ralph Macchio (yeah, The Karate Kid) is a Juilliard-trained guitarist forced to spar with Satan's No. 1 guitarist (Steve Vai) to save the soul of an elderly blues harmonica man (Joe Seneca). The movie, directed by Walter Hill, also features Jami Gertz and Morton, and a Ry Cooder soundtrack.

Comment

http://www.vai.com/SightsSounds/video_vault/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              The kid was shreddin like the spawn of malmsteen van halen and pagey.
              Why is "shred" lately the "it" verb for guitar players?

I don't give a rip about "shredding." I'm impressed if someone can *play* actual *music*. That's why nobody listens to Yngwie What's-his-face. Technically good, in a masturbatory, "look how fast I can play" type of way that adolescent boys are impressed by, but his "music"? <yawn>

Comment

Satriani shreds more than Eddie but not more than Malmsteen. Or Hendrix. And Pagey shreds them all to shreds. Ooooh I feel all hot and bothered. and young again. wheee.
                But then, i am easily pleased. I'm impressed with anyone who can do the scales. If they start poundin the strings with tireirons and say 'that dude really pounds" and that becomes the next "it" word, I'll prolly have a few beers and nod my head in agreement. rawk on... dude.

I don't give a shred about ripping, either. but i like to watch and listen.
                Can i do it until i need glasses?
                Last edited by kimo55; March 27, 2006, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I don't know the video you're talking about, but Skunk Baxter did some instructional things, I think, that might be what you're looking for.

Two other pre-adolescent axe-players who might be the guy you're looking for are Derek Trucks and Eric Gales.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

steve vai is my guitar hero! i also like joe satriani, craig chaquico and brad gillis. and last but not least is my fav guitar player

http://www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

you can hear his latest recording.

any comments/feedback?

Comment

Craig Chaquico played here a long time ago, when he was still with Starship. I heard a radio interview with him, and was really impressed. I've been meaning to check out his solo stuff -- it's new age, isn't it? -- but haven't done so yet. Nice to hear from someone who's a fan.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                        and last but not least is my fav guitar player
                        http://www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals you can hear his latest recording. any comments/feedback?
                        Very good! Thanks for the link. Just over seven minutes of a very nice instrumental. Had to wait until about halfway through it before he really kicked up the pace and showed some hot licks.
                        I see he's from Aiea. Is he playing anywhere on the island?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          Very good! Thanks for the link. Just over seven minutes of a very nice instrumental. Had to wait until about halfway through it before he really kicked up the pace and showed some hot licks.
                          I see he's from Aiea. Is he playing anywhere on the island?

not recently, last secular band was with Joe Rockstar - that didn't go over too well. more into the christian music scene. use to be the guitarist for Trisha Nakamoto until she left to go to Bible college. After that been trying to form a band and currentlly working on his own and hopefully doing a cd. He does play for New Hope Windward every Sunday.

scriv, Craiq Chaquico just totally mellows me out. I wouldn't consider hs music age though. more jazzy. i just like to pop in the cd on a lazy day with some coffee and some baked goods and just lounge about.. esp rainy days!

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                            [...] i just like to pop in the cd on a lazy day with some coffee and some baked goods and just lounge about.. esp rainy days!
                            Musta worn out that CD by now!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              Musta worn out that CD by now!
                              LOL, i actually stopped listening a cpl of days ago and just listened to the 95.5 had to listen to something else while i attempted to enjoy cleaning my hale.

Comment

Working...
                              X