Is there a need for a "computer hangout spot?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a need for a "computer hangout spot?"

You can read my blog for more information but basically I'm expanding on my computer service venture by making a place for people to use computers (for a small fee), rent computers/laptops, and of course a place for LAN gaming.

The real kicker, is that I want to place this in Waipahu, not anywhere else (Kunia, Waikeke, downtown, etc) because I met a lot of computer gamers at school who lives around this area.

Do you think there's a viable business for this venture? I know that I'll need to take classes on business, get all of my certifications, gain financial support, etc... but I'm just throwing this out as a basic brainfart.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Is there a need for a "computer hangout spot?"

it needs to be well-lit, have ample parking, be ergonomic from entry point to bathroom stall, have a starbucks nearby, and be geek-safe. I'd say go for it!

pax

Comment

it's all in the viral marketing, hold plenty of LAN parties with prizes and what not and I'm sure the geeks will come out of the wood work

main cash would probably be from concessions... bawls, jolt and all those yummy geek energy drinks

maybe put it next to a soft etc. or start selling your own store....

either way i think I'd check it out
      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Have you ever been to 808 Burners in Aiea? That business sounds to me exactly the kind of establishment you are thinking of. As you live in Waipahu, I'm betting there is a good chance you might have been there, and I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of it.

The place has, give or take a couple, 18 PCs, all of them high-speed internet connected. Most of the customers in there are gamers or music downloaders..all the PCs have Napster installed. In fact, every time I'm on Oahu, I make it a point to go there to download music for my song collection, because this kind of place is exactly the kind of place that is non-existant where I live. ( I'm not telling you to leave Hawaii, but man, out here where I live, we're starving for a place like the one you're proposing...you'd do well! )

808 Burners has a web-site, naturally with a URL of 808Burners.com. Check them out sometime. I think what you have in mind is a great idea...I really wish we had an 808 Burners kind of place here, big-time!

808 Burners of Aiea

Comment

Working...
        X