Good (and fun!) Wedding Games???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good (and fun!) Wedding Games???

It's my big day coming up soon, and looking for any suggestions on really good (and fun, of course) wedding games that can get the crowd involved.

I know there is that identify the bride/groom game, but is there any others that are really funny, gets the crowd involved and creates a really good party atmosphere?

Someone suggested about throwing the bra/panties instead of the usual garter, but I think the more traditional folks will pass out if they knew that. Both sides were really going to have that entire throwing the garter thing vetoed, but we talked them into it.

Anybody with any other wedding games that they can suggest???

Thank you!!!

Re: Good (and fun!) Wedding Games???

Faux firecrackers.

Get however many fancy paper bags, round, red balloons and toothpicks you'll need for each guest including the head table. In each bag, place one red balloon and one toothpick. The sharp round kind. Place one bag at each setting.

When ready, have everyone blow their balloons up as big as possible and hold them over their heads. Depending on the seating, start from one end of the room and finish with what you think would be a great "bomb". I left the head table for last. Just tell them to pop their balloons when their table is called or when you point to them and be sure to give a few seconds pause before the bomb. It'll sound just like a string of firecrackers with a bomb if you get the timing right. Doesn't have to be exact and you get a nice, smokeless string of good luck firecrackers for the lucky couple.

I first saw this done at a close friend's wedding, then stole the idea and did it at another friend's wedding. It's a real hit with the local crowd and a fun, novel wedding activity for people not familiar with this popular Chinese/local custom of burning a string of firecrackers at weddings. No permits or face masks required.

Comment

Play "pass the firecrackers" using only your lips. Use real firecrackers.

Comment

put disposable cameras in the centerpieces of the table and encourage your guests to use them...the photos are classics
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
          Play "pass the firecrackers" using only your lips. Use real firecrackers.
          ROFLMAO! fRIDAY Night Funnies is Hilarious! My tummy is sore from laughing!

I feel bad. We have a filipino tradition. When the bride and groom dances their first dance, the guests goes up and pins money on the brides veil. It's fun to watch and make money for the newlyweds too.

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; March 31, 2006, 09:30 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

hey. gotta accessorize any way ya can.

Comment

money dance.... thats always a good and profitable one LOL... you and your spouse dance as guests place money in the bodice of the brides dress and the groom must remove the money with his teeth in order to keep it ... lots of fun that one!
              Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Originally posted by kaneohegirl
                place money in the bodice of the brides dress

groom must remove the money with his teeth in order to keep it ... lots of fun that one!
                yea. good clean fun.

Comment

On my wedding I passed out disposable cameras to every tenth person and told them to just take candids. Turned out to be the best thing as our wedding photographer "Forgot" to come down for the formals.

If anyone can remember, my wife and I got married in the Studebaker convertable in the nightclub formerly called Studebaker's in Restaurant Row. Our marriage was a segment on the Channel Two evening news when it was KHON. We had the guest's kids blow soap bubbles as we walked down the aisle from the bathroom section to the car to the tune of Elvis Presley's "Going to the Chapel" Definately a 50's theme.

The wedding was in the car and the reception was in the nightclub. We paid to retain the DJ as well as the Bartending crew. The food was catered thru their in-house kitchen as well. Basically a one stop place to get married and have a reception. Because it was a luncheon Buffet with about 200 attending, our reception and rental fees came out to just under $2,000. Pretty damned good for that many people.

I was told that our wedding was the club's second one but the first to cater an entire reception as well. We gave Studebaker's a lot of free publicity back then.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Been following this tread since I opened it, and it seems like those cameras are on our list. Oh, I really hope our photographer doesn't forget to show up! That would be really bad!!!

We are having the lion dance thingie to get people involved. Still checking around for more games to keep the crowd entertained, while informed.

Comment

Working...
                    X