auto-pruning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto-pruning?

is there a auto-pruning system in place that kills threads that haven't been posted on for awhile - and if so, whats the expiration date on not posting on a thread before it goes into the abyss?

Re: auto-pruning?

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
    is there a auto-pruning system in place that kills threads that haven't been posted on for awhile - and if so, whats the expiration date on not posting on a thread before it goes into the abyss?
    There's an ukipila list of various topics in HT's search engine. Depending what you're looking foa, you can always revive the topic and away you go...as Didi would have said!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

the travel section is pretty much pruned down to just a few threads. pretty much obliviated.

as a very avid traveler.. one of my all-time favorite parts of the forum

maybe as its not directly hawaii-related.. understandably gets pruned more often than elsewhere though..

other stuff i'm sure i can find though..

Comment

nevermind.. i did a test.. i searched for 'carribbean'.. out of curiousity.. saw it was invisible in the forum its on.. but once posted on, it becomes visible again.

okay, i gotcha.. cool! not auto-pruned!

Comment

Even through you came across the answer yourself, it's more an issue what you have set in your Control Panel.

Click on User CP. At the Control Panel click on the Edit Options and find the section on Thread Display Options. Look for the Default Thread Age Cut Off option. You can set long you wish HawaiiThreads to display old threads. Off hand I don't know what the default age cut off is for this forum, since a long time ago I set my value to Show All Threads.

Comment

That works! Thats what I wanted! - had it set on default previously.

Comment

Working...
            X