King Kamehaheha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Kamehaheha

What ever happened to the movie that was supposed to be filmed starring the Rock as King Kamehameha?

Re: King Kamehaheha

That ought to be bloodthirsty epic. (Unless they sterilize with a PC cultural makeover, as Hollywood is prone to do)
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Eh Mahi Waina, you do know that you misspelled Kamehameha's name in this thread's subject line, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
        That ought to be bloodthirsty epic. (Unless they sterilize with a PC cultural makeover, as Hollywood is prone to do)
        Recommended reading?
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Mahi Waina
          What ever happened to the movie that was supposed to be filmed starring the Rock as King Kamehameha?
          http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/doom2.php

He mentions it in the interview for Doom this past October. In 2004 they were rewriting the script. That's a while ago. Dunno.
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

For HT readers who have recently joined, we talked about the movie a while ago in this thread also.

Comment

A quick look on IMDb revealed nothing new and none of the local media outlets have mention this project so one or any of the following maybe happening here:
              1. No one is doing it
              2. It's in development hell
              3. Dwayne Johnson is not involved
              4. They are filming it some place else and it's under really tight security
              Last edited by helen; March 11, 2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Peter Jackson should do this.

Turn it into the epic that it deserves. Jackson is from New Zealand, which has ancient links to Hawaii.

If anyone could make the Battle of Nuuanu come alive, he can.

Comment

If I had the backing, I would tell Pele and Kamapuaʻa's story; part Tarantino, part 300, part Apocalypto.

I have been thinking about that screenplay for years.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                    If I had the backing, I would tell Pele and Kamapuaʻa's story; part Tarantino, part 300, part Apocalypto.
                    All the actors will have washboard abs, talk in Hawaiian and not pidgin, set to 1970's music.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      All the actors will have washboard abs, talk in Hawaiian and not pidgin, set to 1970's music.
                      abs plus meat. These are the gods we are talking about here; I want bull kanakz, not lean cuisines.

ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi me ka lepe ʻunuhi haole. (Hawaiian w/Eng subtitles)

no 1970's music; QT has a bounce-around timeline that comes to mind when reading the Hawaiian serials. Pulp Fiction gave me ideas long ago...

pax

Comment

I want bull kanakz, not lean cuisines.
                        I haven't been posting too much but I gotta say, indeed. That should be a bumper stickter.

Well if there is anyone out there who could write an accurate, thoughtful, action packed, a$$ kickin', creative screenplay about a Hawaiian subject it's you P. For serious.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Oh yeah! I would totally support that movie!! I have a BIG crush on Kamapua'a!
                          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

*high fives her fellow wahine, while nodding savagely*

I cannot say anything further...one of these days...

pax

Comment

abs plus meat. These are the gods we are talking about here; I want bull kanakz, not lean cuisines.
                              Hawaiians had a better diet back then because there were no Spam.

Comment

Working...
                              X