Daiei --> Don Quijote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daiei --> Don Quijote

Was shopping at the Kaheka St. Daiei on Thursday night and once in a while the PA system would plug a product and at the end say "thank you for shopping at Don Quijote". I couldn't figure out why until hitting the check out stand that says "write checks payable to Don Quijote".

Asking the person behind the checkout stand when the name change took place and she replied "last week".

Re: Daiei --> Don Quijote

Did they play my favorite song, "To Dream The Impossible Dream?"

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I hadn't heard about this, but here's the story at the SB.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

"The new owner wants to assure the people of Hawaii that no sudden or drastic changes will be made to the stores, merchandise or operations."

<cough> bullshit! <cough>

Comment

Re: Daiei --&gt; Don Quijote

When you see the Don Quijote Penguin on the front of the store is when you'll know Daiei is gone for good. And for awhile, the Japanese chain was hit with a bunch of arsons. I wonder why???

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

yea, Miu... penguins like the cold.

Comment

Just won't seem right to be buying my an mochi or a package of saba from a place called Don Quixote. Oh, well....so long as I can still get my an mochi and saba.

Comment

I can understand that blue plastic bags that they use still says "Daiei" on it but this Sunday's Advertiser insert ad still says "Daiei".

Comment

I going complain!

I am Lady Don Quijote of La Mancha!!!!

Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I first noticed the change a few days ago when my sales receipt had "don quijote" printed on the top. The second thing I noticed was a help wanted sign near the entrance with the new name and penguin mascot. More change are coming.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Never had the chance to see if they had change the name on the building yet.

Comment

I was there last night (Leo's Taverna! Yummmmmmm!) and the sign still says Daiei.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I was talking to the cashier at the Waipahu Daiei and she told me that Kaheka will the first to change over. I seen the Don Quijote stores in Japan.

www.donki.com

Comment

http://starbulletin.com/2006/06/01/b...s/story01.html

Tokyo-based Don Quijote Co. Ltd., a discount store chain that rolled into the United States for the first time in February with the purchase of Hawaii's four Daiei stores, has been slow to rebrand its new holdings. Now, word in the investment community is that shoppers will see a significant difference come this fall.

The volume of posts on HawaiiThreads.com, detailing the few observable changes at the former Daiei stores, indicate that at least some customers may care about their consumer brand.
                            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

I am a person who hates change. I still refer to it as "Holiday Mart"

Comment

Working...
                              X