Ribbon leis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbon leis...

So I have been trying to make this pikake ribbon lei for about 4 hours now. I do what the book says and what I get is nothing like the picture. Why is this so difficult? lol.

Re: Ribbon leis...

You lack da touch? nah, I dunno.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt_bean
      So I have been trying to make this pikake ribbon lei for about 4 hours now. I do what the book says and what I get is nothing like the picture. Why is this so difficult? lol.
      A friend made a ribbon lei for me. She was having a tough time with it even tho' she'd made several in the past. The 2 of us went to...oh poop, what's the name of the big craft store on Nimitz?...anyway, that' where we went! One of the employees took us in a classroom and showed my friend exactly how to do it. She 'got it' immediately. I learned that I'll probably never attempt it!

Comment

what's pikake ribbon?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          what's pikake ribbon?!
          It's ribbon made to look like Pikake. Duh!

Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

no, that would be a ribbon pikake.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

The 2 of us went to...oh poop, what's the name of the big craft store on Nimitz?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                what's pikake ribbon?!
                it grows wild right off kahikili hwy, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                  Yep! That's it! The name was floating around in the gray matter between my ears and jus' couldn't find it's way to my fingers. Thanx!

Comment

I've also seen them made with....wrick wrack, wick wack, rick rack, rik rak, ric rac, whack whack.....whatevahz!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye

I've also seen them made with....wrick wrack, wick wack, rick rack, rik rak, ric rac, whack whack.....whatevahz!
                      Brah, you started out okay, but then your dentures started making anykine noise. Wassap wit dat?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                        Brah, you started out okay, but then your dentures started making anykine noise. Wassap wit dat?
                        Well, I kinda didn't wanna admit I nevah know how fo spell'um, yeah?
                        Choooweeeet. I only wish I had dentures fo mek excuse wit. Das wai hawd.<LOL>

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
                          Well, I kinda didn't wanna admit I nevah know how fo spell'um, yeah?
                          Bric-a-brac, brah. At least I think that's what you meant.

Comment

Or as they would say in Yiddish (in honor of Passover and my Jewish friends who are celebrating the holy day, which starts tomorrow): Tchotchkes (chotz-keys)

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X