PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon leis...

burnt_bean
April 10th, 2006, 10:09 PM
So I have been trying to make this pikake ribbon lei for about 4 hours now. I do what the book says and what I get is nothing like the picture. Why is this so difficult? lol.

1stwahine
April 10th, 2006, 10:17 PM
You lack da touch? nah, I dunno. :p

Auntie Lynn

tutusue
April 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM
So I have been trying to make this pikake ribbon lei for about 4 hours now. I do what the book says and what I get is nothing like the picture. Why is this so difficult? lol.
A friend made a ribbon lei for me. She was having a tough time with it even tho' she'd made several in the past. The 2 of us went to...oh poop, what's the name of the big craft store on Nimitz?...anyway, that' where we went! One of the employees took us in a classroom and showed my friend exactly how to do it. She 'got it' immediately. I learned that I'll probably never attempt it! :eek:

kimo55
April 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM
what's pikake ribbon?!

1stwahine
April 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM
what's pikake ribbon?!

It's ribbon made to look like Pikake. Duh! :rolleyes:

Lynn

kimo55
April 10th, 2006, 11:08 PM
no, that would be a ribbon pikake.

lurkah
April 11th, 2006, 03:47 AM
The 2 of us went to...oh poop, what's the name of the big craft store on Nimitz?

Flora-Dec (http://starbulletin.com/1999/04/30/features/story1.html)?

burnt_bean
April 11th, 2006, 05:59 AM
what's pikake ribbon?!

it grows wild right off kahikili hwy, lol.

tutusue
April 11th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Flora-Dec (http://starbulletin.com/1999/04/30/features/story1.html)?
Yep! That's it! The name was floating around in the gray matter between my ears and jus' couldn't find it's way to my fingers. Thanx!

Da Rolling Eye
April 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I've also seen them made with....wrick wrack, wick wack, rick rack, rik rak, ric rac, whack whack.....whatevahz! :confused: :D

lurkah
April 11th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I've also seen them made with....wrick wrack, wick wack, rick rack, rik rak, ric rac, whack whack.....whatevahz! :confused: :D

Brah, you started out okay, but then your dentures started making anykine noise. Wassap wit dat? :D

Da Rolling Eye
April 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Brah, you started out okay, but then your dentures started making anykine noise. Wassap wit dat? :D
Well, I kinda didn't wanna admit I nevah know how fo spell'um, yeah? :o :D
Choooweeeet. I only wish I had dentures fo mek excuse wit. Das wai hawd.<LOL>

Glen Miyashiro
April 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well, I kinda didn't wanna admit I nevah know how fo spell'um, yeah? :o :D Bric-a-brac, brah. At least I think that's what you meant. :D

Miulang
April 11th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Or as they would say in Yiddish (in honor of Passover and my Jewish friends who are celebrating the holy day, which starts tomorrow): Tchotchkes (chotz-keys) ;)

Miulang