• HPD Busted

HPD to investigate dozens of officers

For those that weren't at the picnic...

Someone there had some inside scoops...

and now it's becoming public.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...WS06/604110339

More to come

Re: HPD Busted... Scoops was out early at the picnic

Big Island Police is pretty famous for the corruption too. A good investigative reporter could build the foundation of a great journalism career over here with a little creative "observance".

Some good reporters did the same thing with the County workers once. Followed em around, caught em takin 2 hr lunch parked under trees, using county truck for run errands, pickin trash in slow motion at the beach while spockin da bikini's, etc etc....was big news. But you know the guys never got fired. Hey! No spill my rice bowl.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
      Hey! No spill my rice bowl.
      That's the crappiest example of someone trying to write in pidgeon that I've ever seen. Where to you get "rice bowl" from? Sounds like something from an old Charlie Chan movie. What you think we all eat rice from bowls?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
        That's the crappiest example of someone trying to write in pidgeon that I've ever seen. Where to you get "rice bowl" from? Sounds like something from an old Charlie Chan movie. What you think we all eat rice from bowls?
        Tim's making a reference to the "iron rice bowl" concept; i.e. a cradle to grave guaranteed job, regardless of corruption or incompetence. It's typically been used to describe China and sometimes other Asian countries.

It's notable that Tim says "rice bowl" and not "poi bowl".

Comment

Please note that pidgin is properly referenced as Hawaii Creole English. I was politely corrected on that point a few weeks ago.

bwahahahahahaha !! ROFLMFAO
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            More to come
            I briefly read the article, and inquiring minds want to know what exactly
            you are trying to drive at ?
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
              I'm sure there's going to be more opala surfacing in the very near future. Aunty Lynn, Queen of Chinatown, has lots of "friends" both in high and "low" places and she hinted at some of this stuff at least 6 weeks or so ago on her blog. Every now and then, a thorough housecleaning is required in order to get rid of the bad seeds and restore public confidence in our public servants. Kauai recently went through this, the Big Island had its share of corruption and I'm sure the Maui Police Dept. does, too. Something about being tempted to abuse the power that the community bestows on these people who are hired to protect them always seems to lead some into trouble.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; April 11, 2006, 06:05 PM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

AaronS...nothing against you... I just know someone in Kona likes you...so that being said....heheheh

Sorry.... my answer to you AaronS... is that having connections whether it be family or friends... sometimes you just have to say....NO! Especially online...

NO! I not gonna tell you how/why or what... You can read about things in the paper just like every other Republicrat.

Everyone like point their finger at an auntie that might have been at the luncheon... when I already knew everything she said... it was pretty much public knowledge for those that knew by about wednesday of last week!!!

First words out of an aunties mouth... "Frick... how come everyone else already know this?" as we were talking about things...

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  I'm sure there's going to be more opala surfacing in the very near future. Aunty Lynn, Queen of Chinatown, has lots of "friends" both in high and "low" places and she hinted at some of this stuff at least 6 weeks or so ago on her blog. Every now and then, a thorough housecleaning is required in order to get rid of the bad seeds and restore public confidence in our public servants. Kauai recently went through this, the Big Island had its share of corruption and I'm sure the Maui Police Dept. does, too. Something about being tempted to abuse the power that the community bestows on these people who are hired to protect them always seems to lead some into trouble.

Miulang
                  Miulang...Please don't use Aunties blog as reference to what is going on with anything with the HPD... she is just a Blogger...not a reporter!!! She is just one of a lot of people that know what is going on... She's just a lot "louder" about it and has a lot of heart because of the stuff that goes on in her neighborhood.

In all defense of Auntie here... she was not the only person to know what was going on...

I don't want the HPD/FBI,etc... to think that she is leaking anything that anybody w/ knowledge doesn't already know. She writes from her heart!!!

She is akamai and talks to people... a lot of people knew what was going on...

So to blow this out of proportion is kind of crazy....

Don't you think someone is related to some of these 50 or some officers being investigated....sheesh...dis one small island....

As I posted in the you know you have a big family thread...

You know you have a big family...when you have family members that built the prison, work in the prison, and "Reside" in the prison... I'd like to add to that thread... and People who arrest people who go to prison!

This is a small island and for people to think word is not going to get out is kind of not realistic.

Miulang... I had a short talk w/ auntie about her blog at the luncheon...and it sucks that she has had to tame some stuff down because of people that read her blog....

When people refer to her blogs here at HT...please remember that while she loves the attention...I'm sure of that...she also has to protect herself from police giving her crapolos because she writes from the heart.

With that said...

How's the weather in Seattle...and didn't Gonzaga's Last game just suck...and UW just got straight robbed... at any rate...that's why they call it March madness!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    AaronS...nothing against you... I just know someone in Kona likes you...so that being said....heheheh

Sorry.... my answer to you AaronS... is that having connections whether it be family or friends... sometimes you just have to say....NO! Especially online...

NO! I not gonna tell you how/why or what... You can read about things in the paper just like every other Republicrat.
                    You dont have to act like jerk about it. In a lot of respects you bring such
                    questioning upon yourself. Quoting you :

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/a...EWS06/604110339

More to come

If I were you, I wouldn't be advertising you know anything about this
                    at all. Sheesh, I stand up for Tim Kona and people treat me like crap..
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Wait a second... the HPD gives Lynn hassles over what she writes at her blog?! I'm interested in THAT.

Comment

Aaron, he wasn't acting as a Jerk! He was doing a Public Service Annoucement which stated at the end - More to come! To give out more information could bring harm to certain individuals. Like he stated in his response to Miulang, this island is small.

Today, is a sad day for Hawai'i nei. The good part is it was found out and a new horizon will begin.

HPD has the finest Police Officers in the Nation! Like everything else in Life there are bad apples. It's about time the "opala" is thrown out.

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

You dont have to act like jerk about it. In a lot of respects you bring such
                          questioning upon yourself. Quoting you :

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/a...EWS06/604110339

More to come

If I were you, I wouldn't be advertising you know anything about this
                          at all. Sheesh, I stand up for Tim Kona and people treat me like crap..
                          When it's a small island and it's becoming very public knowledge...

I'm not advertising... I'm pointing things out.

At least I'm not advertising that "I stand up for Tim Kona"

Just kidding... I think I just give you bologna because of the old saying...
                          "guilt by association" and Tim Kona rubs me the wrong way... nothing against you.

I think your posts are well thought out and well explained. I enjoy laughing at your defenses to Tim.

Hope you don't think were treating you like crap...cause all of us here on HT just write pretty much the way we see things. We all really like eachother in the long run.

If you truly think that people treat you like crap for standing up for Timkona... well then ...... fill in the blank here... um... sheesh... umm I dunnoo... quit standing up for him if you think you might get shot down...

I stand up for a lot of people... and get shot down... do I cry... NO excuse da pun... I take it as a good learning lesson...

I've learned more about Hawaii since joining these threads then I think my Mom knows about Hawaii and she graduated from Punahou in the 60's!

I hope you will continue to learn...debate... argue...and gain more knowledge using these boards... and keep standing behind what you believe in...even if it is "the politics of NO"

A person that is not informed of things...is a person that doesn't learn...
                          glad your using HT for what is to be used for...

Manoa
                          Last edited by damontucker; April 11, 2006, 07:20 PM. Reason: Have to Include NO somewhere in here...!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            Aaron, he wasn't acting as a Jerk! He was doing a Public Service Annoucement which stated at the end - More to come! To give out more information could bring harm to certain individuals. Like he stated in his response to Miulang, this island is small.
                            Read his response to me, he acted like a jerk.If I knew something this
                            big, I would NOT BE MENTIONING I KNEW ANYTHING ONLINE. He gave
                            the slip he knew something in his OP. I asked a perfectly innocent question
                            and I get a jerk response.
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Lynn said nothing in her blog that would make her the target of any kind of investigation by anyone (she may act pupule, but she's not THAT pupule!).

The island is small and the coconut wireless is pretty swift and accurate. This is particularly true when there are bad things going on within public service organizations entrusted with the safety and security of the citizens. She did not slander anyone or reveal any secrets, so i don't know what the big deal is. And it was about time the corruption and vice were cleaned up in that department so everyone could again feel confident in the ability of the HPD to strictly enforce the laws of the City and County. Not to do so would be a failure of City Government and its elected officials.

Miulang

P.S. The weather up here is just peachy...we missed all that rain you guys had,..it all went to the south of us (like down to Cali)
                              Last edited by Miulang; April 11, 2006, 07:28 PM.
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X