Father's day wish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's day wish.

For all the fathers out there.....What is the one thing you wish to recieve from your children?

Mine is....Since my divorce I haven't spoken to my older 2 boys and I'd like to hear from them. From the youngest son....i would like him to move in with me and stay till he is makule. LOL. I know...wishful thinking.

A call or a card will be enough for me.

Re: Father's day wish.

Good luck in restoring your relationship with your children, Aleno...

Me? Since becoming a parent, I always ask for only one thing every Father's Day: an uninterrupted nap. Everything else is just gravy. I have to admit, I like that my daughter's now old enough to make cards and bring home art...

Comment

Best Wishes to both Aleno & Pzarquon! Being a parent nowdays is NOT easy. I've got 4 "kids" 2 guys 2 gals...youngest 35 oldest 40! Parents of today and their kids have so many things to consider and guiding the children to make wise choices is hard.
      Retired Senior Member

Comment

Mahalo PZ and Mocha. I appreciate it.

When the boys was young, on fathers day, I got to chose what we were going to do. Funny how they would make suggestions and I'd always pick one of the things offered. I tried the " all I want is a little peice and quiet", but it never happened. I could still hear them outside playing or downstairs trying to be quiet and making plans on what I should do when I got out of bed....LOL. My ex even took them away for the day but I ended up missing them cause the house seemed to quiet...hahahaha.

Comment

Your kids are ALWAYS your kids no matter how old. When they grow up to be adults they appreciate the guidance that you've given them...most of the time. I remind my kids that no matter what...we hang together...good or bad!
          Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
            Your kids are ALWAYS your kids no matter how old. When they grow up to be adults they appreciate the guidance that you've given them...most of the time. I remind my kids that no matter what...we hang together...good or bad!
            Funny you should mention this because my kids never fail to remind me that they are my kids as much as I try to convince them that I found them on my porch. Kidding of course. But as you say, we hang together in good times and bad.

My husband always wishes for the same thing year after year. To be waited on and not to spend any of his money on a night out as "my treat" to him. You know, I no work so he ends up paying for it afterall.
            Send POI

Comment

Ahhh Leimamo,

Tell yo husband he lucky. After my divorce I hardly saw my kids then.

No matter what.....I always thank the good lord for the gift he gave me, my 3 sons.

Comment

This will be the first Father's Day spent without mine. I am not sure what to do, besides visiting his gravesite. I know his wish would have been to take a trip.

Comment

People: Go to the graveyard and "talk" to your Dad..."take" him on a virtual trip...I always "talk" to my Dad and my father-in-law at the grave...some may think it strange but it gives me a sense of peace. Even thoughts can be enough if you don't want to visit the grave site.
                  Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
                    People: Go to the graveyard and "talk" to your Dad..."take" him on a virtual trip...I always "talk" to my Dad and my father-in-law at the grave...some may think it strange but it gives me a sense of peace. Even thoughts can be enough if you don't want to visit the grave site.
                    Mocha: Mahalo for the suggestion. No, I don't think it's an odd to do.

Comment

My kids ARE my fathers day gift to me forever. I dont expect anything out of them or my wife but for them to be happy! das real!

-vic
                      Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

The greatest gift to a man is to have children who are healthy and happy. But when they become adults and move away you'll still wish they'd remember you on your birthday. I figure father's day, maybe they'll remember they have a father.
                        For me, being a father was my most cherished job. Even though my 2 sons are adults, I still wonder if they have enough money for food, are they happy, and if they know that I'm here if they need me.
                        Time sure flew by, I still remember when each kid was born. I can even tell you when each one stopped calling me daddy and just called me dad.

Comment

Kids remember the things you do for them...even if they don't always say "Thanks" they remember in the little things you do...I have one son that always remembers when we bail him out of credit card debt...no questions asked, the card company calls us and we just end up paying. Many will say we're encouraging the dependency but so what! We haven't had to do it in over two years now...he has his own place and has a mortgage but is keeping up the payments. They're your kids NO MATTER WHAT!
                          Retired Senior Member

Comment

Just a little update on my wish.

I recieved a call from my middle son. He's in the Air Force and I haven't spoken to him for a little over 2 years. He's stationed in Spain but is being transfered back to the states in July.

Well, I'm still numb, he asked if it was alright if stays with me for a week over the 4th of July holiday before he needs to report to his next duty station.

I said sure. It might not be fathers day yet but it sure felt like it today.

Comment

It's heartwarming to know that your middle son was thinking of you even while in Spain. Father's Day will be delayed for you but it'll be more meaningful.
                              Retired Senior Member

Comment

Working...
                              X