Net cafe bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net cafe bites the dust

"Coffee Cove" at Puck's Alley has closed, after some four or five (?) years. This is not too surprising since the newer one across the street in University Plaza ("Netstop", I think it is called) is much nicer, with a very helpful staff. And of course, there's that more expensive, but open-24-hours, place on the other corner.

Does anyone have a favorite net cafe?

I like the one across from Ala Moana Center, in that area where Nordstrom is maybe going to build itself, but they have a regular clientele of young, rather boisterous, customers who just hang out there but don't use the computers.
    Not very helpful when trying to concentrate on the mysteries of life, like Usenet.

Re: Net cafe bites the dust

How's that netcafe (the one between Ala Moana and Kapiolani)?

I always wanted to go there, but since I'm attending Heald College (accross the street), I can surf on their computers for free
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Our Mitchell long ago isolated one secret of Netstop's survival, despite its proximity to other similar net spots (including, although grudgingly, Kinko's 24-hour location at University and King):
      The woman who works here at Netstop is a babe.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Our Mitchell long ago isolated one secret of Netstop's survival...
        I don't think she works there anymore.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          I don't think she works there anymore.
          Update: She does.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
          X