Aloha from smoggy S. Calif.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from smoggy S. Calif.

My Dad was stationed at Ft. Shafter a long time ago (I'm a Vietnam era Naval Veteran, so that ought to clue you in that I'm no spring chicken) and I've had the notion (sort of but not quite like a salmon) to return to Hawai'i, but nowhere near Honolulu. It was getting too big and crowded when we were there. Finding work may be the tricky part, as my BA and MA (once I get the thesis off an older computer to one that can copy it to CD) are in Geography. But "this is America, land of the free, home of the Geographically illiterate and damn proud of it!" I used that line in the introduction. I was an Aviation Electrician in the Free World's Largest Nuclear Powered Janitorial Service, both active and Reserve, but never got an Airframes & Powerplants certificate to work as a civilian. You don't need one when you work for Uncle Sugar, but you do when you work the civil side of the fence. Go figure. I'm also owned by the Empress Panthera (Emepela Wahine Paneka), who will be right alongside upon arrival. She'll pass quarantine paws down. Now that I've bored you to tears, I'll log off and get on with the rest of my life. Aloha
    Cats and computers. Bring them into your home and your life is no longer your own.

Re: Aloha from smoggy S. Calif.

aloha, veteran!
    you speak the truth re; cats and compukers.
    see you here!

Comment

Kimo

What would be the scientific notation for a kajillion? It sounds like it belongs in the lexicon. It's better than google plex, that's for damn sure!

In a slightly lighter vein, Rumsfeld briefed Bush on the war and ended by telling him 3 Brazillian soldiers were killed. Bush just sat there with face in hands, when he sat upright and asked, "How much is a Brazillion?"
      Cats and computers. Bring them into your home and your life is no longer your own.

Comment

hooohaaaaaa!

Comment

Stick around, Panthercat...you'll do JUST FINE in here! Welcome aboard!

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

While blundering and not paying attention to what I was doing, as I had dinner cooking, my attention was divided, I inadvertently clicked on the little thingy that I found is used to report spam. Sorry about that. Won't happen again. Do you still think I'll be ok here?

Comment

Aloha & Welcome! You'll do fine!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by panthercat
                My Dad was stationed at Ft. Shafter a long time ago (I'm a Vietnam era Naval Veteran, so that ought to clue you in that I'm no spring chicken)
                Thanks for your service, and welcome to HT.

Aloha,
                Maddie
                who is no spring chicken, either!
                and wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Working...
                X