leading the charge for education news article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leading the charge for education news article

Anyone read this Sunday's Advertiser's Focus section on the two candidates for the HSTA's top position?

The question asked was basically what the HSTA can do to improve education as defined as the interaction between a teacher and student in the classroom.

The incumbant, Roger Takabayashi answered the essay question directly while the challenger, Vice President Joan Lewis kept focusing on what the HSTA can do for it's members, rarely if ever directing her answer to the needs of the student in relation to the teacher.

As my wife indicated, Ms. Lewis failed to answer the question in her well-written and thought out essay response BUT she missed the point entirely. Basically she failed to address the question as posed to her...in other words...she didn't get it. Amazing and to think she's the VP for the HSTA. This can't be good for the welfare of our public school students.

Like was she ever a teacher at all?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: leading the charge for education news article

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Anyone read this Sunday's Advertiser's Focus section on the two candidates for the HSTA's top position?

The question asked was basically what the HSTA can do to improve education as defined as the interaction between a teacher and student in the classroom.

The incumbant, Roger Takabayashi answered the essay question directly while the challenger, Vice President Joan Lewis kept focusing on what the HSTA can do for it's members, rarely if ever directing her answer to the needs of the student in relation to the teacher.

As my wife indicated, Ms. Lewis failed to answer the question in her well-written and thought out essay response BUT she missed the point entirely. Basically she failed to address the question as posed to her...in other words...she didn't get it. Amazing and to think she's the VP for the HSTA. This can't be good for the welfare of our public school students.

Like was she ever a teacher at all?
    Sounds more like she was acking like one "politician" and playing to the audience who will be voting for the HSTA President. I bet if the local voters (as opposed to the union members) were choosing the next President, her answer would have been more like what you were expecting to hear. I think she was playing to the "what's in it for me" faction rather than really thinking about the good of the kids of Hawai'i.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X