Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello,guys.how can i get information of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello,guys.how can i get information of....

could you tell you in what way can i get the right information of the hawaii local newspaper and the local pulic library system?thx
    爱情的国度,只有两种季节:可爱、不可爱;
    爱情的夜空,只有两种声音:星云、不幸运;
    爱情的道路,只有两种景色:我的、我们的。

Re: hello,guys.how can i get information of....

Originally posted by koseka
    could you tell you in what way can i get the right information of the hawaii local newspaper and the local pulic library system?thx
    Depends on WHICH newspapers you mean. Each island has at least one local newspaper. If you mean Honolulu, the 2 main ones are www.honoluluadvertiser.com and www.starbulletin.com. You can also use your search engine: type in "Newspapers in Hawaiii". Search engines R wonderful.

You're welcome.
    Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      [...]You can also use your search engine: type in "Newspapers in Hawaiii".[...]

Kinda like typing in "Newspapers in Seatttle"?

Sorry, Miulang...couldn't resist!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

Kinda like typing in "Newspapers in Seatttle"?

Sorry, Miulang...couldn't resist!
        Yup. we got 2 of 'em! And they're BOTH morning papers. Talk about stoopid...
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Depends on WHICH newspapers you mean. Each island has at least one local newspaper. If you mean Honolulu, the 2 main ones are www.honoluluadvertiser.com and www.starbulletin.com. You can also use your search engine: type in "Newspapers in Hawaiii". Search engines R wonderful.

You're welcome.
          Miulang
          i wonder which are the influential papers in Hawaii, or in your word "Honolulu".
          and what about the public library system. why i havn't received any reply from the internet local library?

Comment

i wonder which are the influential papers in Hawaii, or in your word "Honolulu".
            and what about the public library system. why i havn't received any reply from the internet local library?

If you do a search for "hawaii public library" on any search engine, you would find the link to the local library site, which is here:
            http://www.librarieshawaii.org/

I assume that is what you wanted?

Comment

Honolulu is considered the business center of Hawai'i. So if you want "influential newspapers" the 2 Honolulu newspapers are where it's at for news about Hawai'i. If you're especially interested in Hawai'i BUSINESS news only, then probably Pacific Business News.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; April 21, 2006, 10:11 AM.

Comment

By "influential" do you mean "tells me what and how to think"?

I guess I don't understand the question. I also don't quite understand what you mean by "why i havn't received any reply from the internet local library?" Did you e-mail one of the libraries here? What did you ask?Depending on what you asked, they might not be able to answer (maybe they didn't understand the question), or perhaps they just haven't gotten back to you yet.

Comment

Judging from koseka's "hello" message in the Introductions section, he or she is from China and therefore (1) may not have great English skills, and (2) may not be familiar with how things are done in the USA.

Maybe Chinese libraries always respond right away.

Comment

I just got that, Glen. Just now saw his intro. But I seriously doubt things are done expeditiously in China compared to the U.S.!!

Maybe he hasn't heard back yet because his government is examining his e-mails for signs of coded messages from Falun Gong. Eek!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      I just got that, Glen. Just now saw his intro. But I seriously doubt things are done expeditiously in China compared to the U.S.!!

Maybe he hasn't heard back yet because his government is examining his e-mails for signs of coded messages from Falun Gong. Eek!
                      I can't help to smile when I saw your reply
                      look it as a josh, en...,your HUMOR
                      Maybe I has't heard back yet because your goverment is examining my emails for signs of coded messages from "Ben Laden" or bomb soldiers?

Who knows? Eek!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        Judging from koseka's "hello" message in the Introductions section, he or she is from China and therefore (1) may not have great English skills, and (2) may not be familiar with how things are done in the USA.

Maybe Chinese libraries always respond right away.
                        It's certain that US libraries can't reply their emails in one month

And i am sure that our libraries is faster in this way.

最后一句:什么美国方式,俺又不稀得

Comment

Honolulu is considered the business center of Hawai'i. So if you want "influential newspapers" the 2 Honolulu newspapers are where it's at for news about Hawai'i. If you're especially interested in Hawai'i BUSINESS news only, then probably Pacific Business News.

Miulang
                          Thank you very much, Miulang

Comment

Maybe I has't heard back yet because your goverment is examining my emails for signs of coded messages from "Ben Laden" or bomb soldiers?

Who knows? Eek!
                            Haa!

Ni shi cong nar laide?

Dong ma? Hen yi han, wo zhi jiang yi dian zhong wen.

Hen gao xing ren shi nin!

Aloha!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                              Haa!

Ni shi cong nar laide?

Dong ma? Hen yi han, wo zhi jiang yi dian zhong wen.

Hen gao xing ren shi nin!

Aloha!
                              So cute you are
                              ni ju ran hui jiang zhong wen
                              I am from Shanghai,China.
                              Nice to meet you too
                              Have you been China before?

Comment

Working...