Island Air on the move!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island Air on the move!

While the big boys slug it out with go!, Island Air appears to be growing in another niche..."slower and smaller is cheaper".

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Island Air on the move!

Originally posted by Miulang
    While the big boys slug it out with go!, Island Air appears to be growing in another niche..."slower and smaller is cheaper".

Miulang
    I recently flew to Kaunakakai to present at a conference and was pleased with the service I got for the price I paid. Being that it was work related, I had to find the flights that would get me there for the lowest possible price and Island Air often has special web fares, so Island Air it was!

Island Air doesn't hide the fact that their employees get paid significantly less than their interisland counterparts. Their help wanted ad is constantly in the Sunday paper with how much their employees make an hour. Makes sense -- don't have to pay their employees much, keep costs down for the customer.

Initially I was terrified of flying in a DeHavilland as opposed to a 717/737 -- but it wasn't too bad.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Good article. But speaking of Mesa go! Airlines, they may be using Embraer 190/195's (a new plane from Embraer) instead of the Bombardier CRJ-200's. In reality they may start service with the CRJ-900's (a stretched version of the 200) and if they are a success then they may switch to E190/195's. (The E190/195's are a hair smaller than 737's but still have their engines under the wings, unlike the CRJ-200/900 which are on the tail like the 717's).

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles...al+for+Go.html

Arturo

Comment

Lee Cataluna has an article about Island Air's "Interisland Man of Mystery" ad campaign:

Airline opts for zany image in commercials
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
        X