Airport to Waikiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport to Waikiki

Hello, just wondering if there are shuttle buses that take people from the airport to specific hotels. Or how about taxi? Is it expensive?

thanks!!

Re: Airport to Waikiki

Originally posted by Pompey
    Hello, just wondering if there are shuttle buses that take people from the airport to specific hotels. Or how about taxi? Is it expensive?

thanks!!

There are many Shuttle Bus Services to the various Hotels in Waikiki.

Honolulu Airport Trans
    Arrange an airport shuttle to your
    Waikiki hotel and condo.
    www.hawaiiactivities.com

As for Taxi's. The Cab has a Web Site: www.thecabhawaii.com/
    Ph. 808 422-2222

Charlies Taxi: Ph. 808 531-1333

I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; April 23, 2006, 10:39 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hi Auntie Lynn,
      Many thanks for the information. I'll definitely do that because I don't want to bother my cousin too much. He's getting married and I am sure he'll be super busy. He's the only one in his family who can drive......so we'll try to make it easy for him. Weddings are stressful....as so I've been told

Anyway, I hope to learn more about Honolulu and surrounding areas from this site. Thanks and Aloha

Comment

You're very welcome.

Also, try this one:

The Official Hawaii Tourism Web Site
        http://www.gohawaii.com/

Auntie Alyn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

There are taxis waiting outside the baggage claim area (Sida Taxi, I believe). I'd guess a shuttle would be less expensive than a cab, tho', and would advise you to do some price comparing. Have a wonderful trip.

Comment

Both buses 19 & 20 go from the Airport into Waikiki. (They also go from Waikiki to the Airport. (approximate travel time 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic and amount of stops)

Only $2.00.

Tip: just because it's bus 19 and/or 20 make sure it is heading IN TO Waikiki... Instead of heading out Countryside. (Sometimes the Drivers forget to flip there reader boards...so it might even be beneficial to ask the Driver which way they happen to be heading)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Both buses 19 & 20 go from the Airport into Waikiki. (They also go from Waikiki to the Airport.
              But remember that you cannot take luggage on TheBus!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                Nah... depends how light you travel. If you have full-sized suitcases, then yeah. No can.

But if you got a smaller, carry-on type rolling bag. Can.

If you get duffel bags. Can.

Whatever you can carry in your lap or between your legs on the ground in front of you, the bus drivers will usually let you slide.

With gas being as expensive as it is, I've jumped on a bus or two lately and seen this with my own eyes.

Comment

Taking the taxi might cost you around the $40 to 50 range (one way).

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    I got on a w/ a full size Suitcase more than a few times...

I've never been turned down...to tell you the truth... if your cool w/ the driver...and explain your situation...and have a "cool" driver that is not too uptight...then no prob.

They always grumble...however... I've never been turned down as long as I was able to bring the suitcase on and off w/ no problem...

However, I wouldn't recommend using the bus w/ large suitcases if you are not able to lift it very easily...ie; strong enough to lift it over peoples heads...etc..

(Also a big contributing factor would be how crowded the bus is and what time you are catching it)

also, once you get on at the airport and ask for a transfer... it's pretty hard for anyother driver to deny you on there bus by saying that your luggage is to big...you can simply say..."I have a transfer from the last driver that said it was cool"

I recently saved approximately $96.00 by using the buses from the McCully area...
                    Parking for 10 days at the airport would have been $100.00 for 10 days!

(and yes I did have a full suitcase)

Other recommendations...if your a college student...look for other students that might be taking a cab to the dorms...then you can pool together and share your fare... I did this many a times when I was a Student at both UH and UHH.

Comment

Many thanks to all. I'll be travelling light with just a backpack. Might even try Buses #19 and #20 as a last resort.

I'm so looking forward to Honolulu!!

Comment

Then catching the bus would be the method to go if you are not pressed for time.

Comment

Working...
                        X