PDA

View Full Version : Roaches and inkjet printer cartridges...yummy

craigwatanabe
April 24th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Tonight I swatted a B-52 roach crawling on my HP inkjet printer. When it popped I was surprized to see green guts on my hand. My wife tells me at her working place, she swatted roaches crawling over her work inkjet printer and they pop Yellow, Magenta, Green...depends on which cartrige they're munching on.

Amazing...anyone ever come across this situation?

lurkah
April 24th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Tonight I swatted a B-52 roach crawling on my HP inkjet printer. When it popped I was surprized to see green guts on my hand. My wife tells me at her working place, she swatted roaches crawling over her work inkjet printer and they pop Yellow, Magenta, Green...depends on which cartrige they're munching on.

No matter how much you tried to color this post, it still spoiled my lunch. Chee, tanks eh. :mad:

Glen Miyashiro
April 24th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Roaches like electronic gear because of the warmth, but there's usually no food inside the cases for them to eat. I never heard of them sipping printer ink before, but why not, they eat everything else. :p

Palolo Joe
April 24th, 2006, 03:07 PM
No matter how much you tried to color this post, it still spoiled my lunch. Chee, tanks eh. :mad:

Well, the question is - why click on a thread called "Roaches and Inkjet Printer Cartridges" when you're eating lunch?

lurkah
April 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Well, the question is - why click on a thread called "Roaches and Inkjet Printer Cartridges" when you're eating lunch?

And the answer is, I sometimes like to read while I'm eating lunch. And if you bothered to read Glen's post about spam (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpost.php?p=68024&postcount=4), I regained my appetite pretty quick. Whee. Such fun.

Palolo Joe
April 24th, 2006, 04:15 PM
And the answer is, I sometimes like to read while I'm eating lunch. And if you bothered to read Glen's post about spam (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpost.php?p=68024&postcount=4), I regained my appetite pretty quick. Whee. Such fun.
Well, when you said it spoiled your lunch, made me think it served you right for clicking on a thread with a subject that had roaches in it.

And no, I didn't waste my time reading Glen's post. I was busy reading a much more informative post (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=8409) about spam.

Whee. Such fun.

helen
April 24th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Nope. Do the roaches just go for the color inks or do they go after the black ink as well?

tutusue
April 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM
This thread begs the question...
If an albino roach ingests ink, does it turn the color of the ink it ingests? Inquiring minds wanna know! :cool:

lurkah
April 24th, 2006, 08:44 PM
This thread begs the question...
If an albino roach ingests ink, does it turn the color of the ink it ingests? Inquiring minds wanna know! :cool:

Be sure and let me know when you find out, tutu. http://allthingshawaiian.com/lurkah/smileys/smileylaughevil.gif Whee.

http://allthingshawaiian.com/lurkah/aw/lurkahkakaroach.gif

Pompey
April 24th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Are there many roaches in Honolulu in May? I know they thrive in tropical climates. Hopefully they don't fly like the ones in Singapore :eek:

tutusue
April 24th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Be sure and let me know when you find out, tutu. [...]
I saw a dead roach in my office today. Looks like it dined on the brown ink cartridge! :eek:

tutusue
April 24th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Are there many roaches in Honolulu in May? I know they thrive in tropical climates. Hopefully they don't fly like the ones in Singapore :eek:
Roaches aren't seasonal. Depending on birth/death cycles, availability of exterminators and immediate accessibility to rubber slippers or Raid, there might be more than in April and less than in June...or vice versa! We'll be sure not to tell you about the B52s!!! :eek:

Pompey
April 24th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Roaches aren't seasonal. Depending on birth/death cycles, availability of exterminators and immediate accessibility to rubber slippers or Raid, there might be more than in April and less than in June...or vice versa! We'll be sure not to tell you about the B52s!!! :eek:

B52s??? Hmm...let me guess, they crawl on ceilings and poop on your and/or just let themselves drop on you while you're sleeping .

On a typical Tokyo summer day, they can be as big as 2 inches.....enough to make me :eek:

adrian
April 24th, 2006, 10:48 PM
cockaroaches... the only thing that will make a 6' 2" man run away for a mile. And having it near computer equipment gives me even more chicken skin.

But seriously, if you have roaches in your computer area, CLEAN IT UP!

craigwatanabe
April 26th, 2006, 10:02 AM
But seriously, if you have roaches in your computer area, CLEAN IT UP!

I tried but I couldn't find any programs out there to take care of it :D

But seriously now and Lurkah sorry for your appetite but I think the roaches are attracted to the ink itself. Isn't it soy based or something like that?

That reminds me of the time at a picnic at Kapiolani Park one fine summer. My friend's sister asked me if I wanted relish on my hot dog. I told her no and came to the table to eat lunch.

I told her, "I said no relish" seeing a gob of the stuff on my dog. She said she didn't put any on my hot dog and as I proceeded to eat it anyway when another fresh dropping of "relish" pooped from the pidgeon above us in the tree. :eek:

lurkah
April 26th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I told her, "I said no relish" seeing a gob of the stuff on my dog. She said she didn't put any on my hot dog and as I proceeded to eat it anyway when another fresh dropping of "relish" pooped from the pidgeon above us in the tree. :eek:

You couldn't have gotten it any fresher than that. :D

LikaNui
April 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM
You couldn't have gotten it any fresher than that. :D
And it was recycled, too!
:D

tutusue
April 26th, 2006, 10:56 AM
You 2 guys are sick! Love it! :D

kaneohegirl
May 3rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
they can be as big as 2 inches

2 inches:rolleyes: those are babies compared to the ones in HI.... oh an the are called B-52's cause they will fly at you and act like they are attacking in a bombing run.. much like the plane they are named after ..... and yes grown men will run from them....

Hellbent
August 10th, 2006, 10:40 PM
2 inches:rolleyes: those are babies compared to the ones in HI.... oh an the are called B-52's cause they will fly at you and act like they are attacking in a bombing run.. much like the plane they are named after ..... and yes grown men will run from them....

unless you have a baseball bat or rolled up magazine, then its batter up!