Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush's LOW approval rating!

From a brand new article on CNN (read the whole article here ):

President Bush's approval ratings have sunk to a personal low, with only a third of Americans saying they approve of the way he is handling his job, a national poll released Monday said.
    In the telephone poll of 1,012 adult Americans carried out Friday through Sunday by Opinion Research Corporation for CNN, 32 percent of respondents said they approve of Bush's performance, 60 percent said they disapprove and 8 percent said they do not know.
    It was one of four polls conducted within the past 10 days that have yielded similar results: a Pew Center poll carried out April 7-16 gave Bush a 35 percent approval rating; a Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll carried out last Tuesday and Wednesday gave him a 33 percent approval rating; and an American Research Group poll carried out Tuesday through Friday gave him a 34 percent approval rating.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Bush's LOW approval rating!

Low poll ratings alone won't affect anything. They shouldn't. You give a president four years to do his job, then you evaluate him at the end by having another election.

Unless, that is, you can get the House of Representatives to impeach him and then get the Senate to convict him. (Read this for details of the process.)

Comment

But these are Herbert Hoover levels are they not, when was the last US President to have this low of numbers it has got to be Nixon, Bush Senior
      or Carter I would presume. Maybe none of the above, perhaps George W. Bush will set a standard for low approval ratings and hit the negative numbers by this summer.

And I'm telling you this now if the GOP retains everything or in fact gains even more seats these elections in the George W. Bush era have all been rigged
      guranteed.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
        perhaps George W. Bush will set a standard for low approval ratings
        I thought he already had.

And ya know, after listening to the man make so very many dumb mistakes when he talks, I'm starting to think that his approval rating (32) pretty much matches his IQ level.

Favorite bumper sticker: "2008. The end of an error."

Comment

I know who I'd vote for least effective President ever...sad thing is he's like the Emperor who wore no clothes but who kept being told by his courtiers that he had on the finest most regal clothing to be found in the kingdom. Here he is, surrounded by his yes people and people whose main job (as presented to them by their political party) is to make sure that he doesn't do anything that might actually show who he really is.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I've been duped!

Let's see who we have to choose from next and does it really make any difference?
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Are you familiar with the concept of a “post turtle?” I’ve heard of folks using the term to describe W lately:

When you are driving along a country road and you see a turtle sitting atop a fence post, you know ---

--- The turtle doesn’t know what it’s doing there ---

--- It doesn’t have a clue what to do ---

--- You know he didn’t get where he is by himself ---

--- And all you want to do is take him down.

Comment

Aren't there I.Q. requirements to lead this great country?

Comment

Originally posted by idvfilms
                  Obviously not!

Comment

We need a smart, shrewd, eager young candidate to front the Dem ticket for the White House!

We need Ed Case!

bawahahahahahahahahauhhhhIcrackmyselfup.....

pax

Comment

Unfortunately, Dems are likely to choose Hillary. It will be another election rooted in suicidal utopianisms, just exactly like the last election.

If all press is good press, why did Moore make a movie about Bush?
                      And why did he wear an Armani Suit while braggin about his tax cuts on Leno?
                      Some things are bigger secrets than others.

Conservatives have a lock on the political process right now at many different levels. Dems will realize that to win the middle they must vilify their own fringe. Will they ever be brave enough to do that? Highly unlikely with Dean leading the charge, and Sheehan as the poster child.

PS - Last go round was spy vs. spy. I voted for the guy with the best GPA at Yale. Guarantee my daughter WONT be attending Yale.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Was hopin for some response to that last post. I can't believe that most are conservative in this forum.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                          Was hopin for some response to that last post. I can't believe that most are conservative in this forum.
                          You're just in the wrong thread.

Go read the Gov't/AT&T thread or any one with Bush's name in its title.

Hillary is anything but lunatic fringe; neither Dean nor Sheehan qualify as that either.
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                            Yeah, what Link said. If there are any conservatives here on HawaiiThreads.com, I'm pretty sure the above line gave them an aneurysm.

Speaking as someone who's largely a commie hippie leftist pinko liberal (largely -- I'm full of surprises), I'm frequently just as annoyed by my peers as I am disturbed by "the other side." All kinds of political stuff gets posted here, most of it repetitive and a fair amount of it incoherent, and my response is usually just to ignore it and read about Spam musubi instead.

Not that I don't think what's going on in this country isn't important... but it's unlikely anyone here is going to change anyone's mind (as past debates have amply demonstrated), so it's not only unproductive, it's also not a hell of a lot of fun.

In response to the substance of your post? I agree. My kind will likely vote for anyone, as long as they're not Bush & Co. If that "anyone" turns out to be a similarly polarizing figure for "the other side," we can count on defeat... simply because the status quo is easier to digest.
                            Last edited by pzarquon; April 30, 2006, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by idvfilms
                              Where did I hear this?
                              TV?

Comment

Working...
                              X