No announcement yet.

Campaign contribution listings on line!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign contribution listings on line!

There's a web site called Fundrace 2004 where you can look up campaign contributions to the presidential race. Even more interesting, they have a page where you can look up contributors by name or ZIP code. I typed in 96825 (Hawaii Kai) and got an interesting list of contributors, many of whose names I recognized...

Re: Campaign contribution listings on line!

Ah, open records laws... gotta love 'em!

I visited that site late last year. I remember being stunned at all the four-figure donations, usually one each from a married couple, that Bush had been collecting. And then you'd see whole groups of individuals giving $500, $50, even $25 to Howard Dean. It was quite illuminating.

Of course, now things are down to two, and the numbers on both sides of the political spectrum are getting pretty big.

It's interesting to see some movers and shakers on the lists. A few clearly "hedge their bets" by contributing to both camps!

Let's see, in my neighborhood? Robin Campaniano, Annie Chun, Gene Doo, John Felix, Sheila Leas, Paul Loo, William Obana, Gary Simon, and Kara Yamane-Obana each gave $2,000 to Bush. Mark Bogart, Bert Kobayashi, and Patrick Kobayashi gave $2,000 to John Kerry. Considering my area technically includes Manoa, I suppose it's no surprise which way the wind blows in this valley...

Comment

Working...
    X