Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March of the Penguins

Some friends loaned us this movie.

Oh my God! How hard their lives truly are, but through struggle they band together. All for one and one for all. Total unselfishness. And what's the main goal, you say? To help their children survive and thrive in a hard world.

I think this movie should be mandatory viewing for all High School students. It shows males that endure anything and females who give all.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: March of the Penguins

Originally posted by Menehune Man
    Some friends loaned us this movie.

Oh my God! How hard their lives truly are, but through struggle they band together. All for one and one for all. Total unselfishness. And what's the main goal, you say? To help their children survive and thrive in a hard world.

I think this movie should be mandatory viewing for all High School students. It shows males that endure anything and females who give all.
    I think the show probably will be shown for some science class in High School. I have never seen it before but I have been hearing some good things about it though.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

The penguins win the award for parents of the year. Can you imagine being the poor penguin who marches 70 miles to bring back food to it's chick only to find out it's not there? Bummer!
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

I found it interesting that the penguins won't protect chicks (at least chicks other than their own) from birds of prey but they won't tolerate a penguin stealing another penguin's egg or chick.

Comment

Well, a bird of prey poses a much more significant threat to a penguin than another penguin. Maybe not the same decision a human would make, but a natural one.

I loved this documentary. Just Morgan Freeman's narration makes it worthwhile. And for parents, it sure makes you count your blessings, however few they may be.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            I loved this documentary. Just Morgan Freeman's narration makes it worthwhile. And for parents, it sure makes you count your blessings, however few they may be.
            I totally agree with ya buddy!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

We took our girls, 6 and 4 years old, to see this in the theatre when it came out. For us as parents, it was quite moving. And I would have to say that it delivered more than we bargained for as far as the birds and the seals go down at the South Pole. For weeks they talked about the bird of prey that got the chick. It is really a lesson in humility for those of us with children. I mean, I truly appreciate being a parent, but this movie really shows a life of sacrifice. It is amazing to me that a creature could be so devoted and so determined, despite such fierce odds.

And we got a kick out of the outtakes! We plan on adding this to our collection!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
              X