Kāhala Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kāhala Mall

There's quite a lot of tenant turnover at Kāhala Mall this month.

The other day I was at Foot Locker there and the cashier told me, quietly, that it was their last day of business. They didn't want to make a big deal about it but it was obvious that the staff wasn't happy. As I paid for my stuff and walked back to my car, I noticed all the papered-over storefront windows that I'd ignored on my way in. There were maybe half a dozen -- that's a lot, to all be simultaneously closed!

Does anybody know the details? Was it because of the flood last month? Or did the mall raise the lease rents?

Re: Kāhala Mall

Da FLOOD, DA FLOOD! Will cost ukipila money which of course will eventually be paid by da tenants - guarranteed.

Auntie pUpule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

When I was there recently, even the at'ms to get gift certificates don't work. They give 50% off coupons for the merchants there, but ya, it's a total ghost town over there. I think there are more tenants than people in that place!!!

Comment

Here's a new tenant for ya.....

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br07p.html

Another Apple Store!

Comment

I don't know what's going on with the other stores, but the Borders Express isn't re-opening. The flood did a lot of damage and the company didn't want to spend that much money to fix it up. Also, Kahala wasn't going to renew their lease, which would have ended in July.

Comment

Working...
          X