Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hula instruments

hello,

does anyone know of a good place to buy hula instruments in either oahu or maui?

quality and price - in that order.

okay, okay... in any order

will be visiting in july and was hoping to bring back some goodies!!!

joel

Re: hula instruments

depends on what quality level.
    try swap meet on sundays
    hula supply on king st.
    hula supply shop in kalihi mauka of da prison.

Comment

Bounty Music in Kahului sells hula instruments (including ukuleles). It's on the right hand side of the road about a mile from the Costco/Krispy Kreme intersection by the airport (there's a windsurfing shop in the same strip mall). I bought a really nice koa uke from Mele Ukulele in Wailuku (they make their own). It's a little shop on the right hand side of the road just before you go under the little overpass that goes into Wailuku.

There's also a shop in the back of Maui Mall whose name escapes me (at least it was there last year) that sells things like Merrie Monarch memorabilia and if I remember, also some hula instruments. Maui Mall is the one that's right across from the cruise ship docks with Long's Drug Store in it in front. The store is all the way in the back, on the right hand side, behind Aloha Plates.

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; April 28, 2006, 08:05 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

thank you for the replies...

swap meet - don't say that!!!

my wife loves hawaii swap meets

we'll be hitting swap meet at the stadium on oahu and whatever else we can find on maui - for sure!!!

i have a bounty ukelele... it's okay. i also have one that's all mahogany<sp?> and that sounds better. would love a koa... maybe in july when we visit.

thanks for the info.

will pass on to the wife and will work into our trip.

joel

Comment

Originally posted by JAvendan

my wife loves hawaii swap meets

we'll be hitting swap meet at the stadium on oahu and whatever else we can find on maui - for sure!!!

joel
          I'll be on Maui in a couple of weeks and I'll confirm where the Maui Swapmeet is currently located. I believe they have been moved from their old spot next to the Kahului Post Office (to make way for a senior housing development) and are now on the campus of Maui Community College. I know for sure there's a Farmer's Market at Maui Community College every Friday. There's also a little farmer's market at Maui Mall once a week and one at Kaahumanu Center.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by JAvendan
            that!!!

that!!!

that!!!

that!!!

Comment

miulang,

oh you're a life saver... i didn't know that!

please let me know what you find out.

i remember it being by the post office 2 years ago (???)... now i can impress the wife.

have a great trip... just 2 more months for me/us.

joel

Comment

Working...
              X