Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy vs Ford argument ends in death

Source and complete article.

An argument about trucks ended tragically Sunday with one Lakeland High School student dead and a classmate in jail on a murder charge.

Brandon David Prince, a 18-year-old junior, apparently took exception to trash talk and a claim that Fords were superior. On Saturday, he confronted Allen C. Ormsbee, 18, at a parking lot at The Lakeland Center, where Ormsbee worked, according to police.
    Man, what happened to flame wars?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Chevy vs Ford truck auguement ends in death

Yikes!
    I remember sometime during the mid 1950s, family friends bought a brand new, first year Ford Thunderbird. It was a lemon and they were having trouble getting Ford to acknowledge the problems. My dad wrote a letter to Ford for them and signed off with "See the USA in your Chevrolet".

Fortunately he lived to tell about it!

Comment

Race a Ford to win on race day
      Drive a Chevy for 350,000 miles
      That's the basic difference between them imho
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger XL, and I have been very happy with it.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Oh man this is one touchy subject it ranks right up there with democrat or republican.

But I'm a Ford man...First On Race Day
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I hate FURDS......right CRAIG?

But the good thing about Fords is being a former mechanic they are the ones that pay the bills!

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek
              I hate FURDS......right CRAIG?

But the good thing about Fords is being a former mechanic they are the ones that pay the bills!
              They used to call Fords FUBAR (f****d up beyond all repair)

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Found On Rubbish Dump.

My folks owned a 1975 Ford Mustang and 1970-something Landau. Both of them didn't last more than 3 years before needing major work.

But, I believe the latest reliability ratings from Consumer Reports have been favorable on most new Ford models. I'm totally in love wth the new convertible 'Stang. I'm actually contemplating buying a yellow one.

It will be back to muscle car wars when/if Chevy and Dodge produce the retro' inspired Camaro and Challenger. The Challenger looks sweet!
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                  Found On Rubbish Dump.
                  (F)OUND: (O)N (R)OAD (D)EAD

Offroad stand point...

Any late model american truck or car is not as good as the early 60's-70's truck drivetrain. Gosh, there used to be (FORD) Dana 80/60/40 front and rear axels (standard) back in the day...then the Ford 9inch came to play then independent front suspension...You put in some rugged axel shafts and some other addins and you got a rock crawlin fullsize.

Now cars...(theoretically speaking) you could run a chevy with no oil in it and never have a prob...just the other day my girlfriends FORD Thunderbird (i think late 90s model) blew up while we were driving..why? cuz she had no oil in the block cuz the computer was a peice of junk!!

Comment

Ford
                    First on Race Day
                    Found on Road Dead
                    Fixed or Repaired Daily

Chevrolet
                    Can hear every valve rod or lifter every time

Pontiac
                    Poor old numbskull thinks its a Cadillac

Budweiser
                    Because U deserve what every individual should enjoy regularly
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      They used to call Fords FUBAR (f****d up beyond all repair)
                      That's not half as catchy as the way I learned it: "F'd Over Road Disaster."

I guess I grew up a Chevy guy (insofar as I was a not-Ford guy), but I actually ended up owning one and didn't hate it. Of course, it just had the Ford badge and was actually made by Mazda, but... technically it was a Ford.

My first car was a 1979 Chevy Nova Concours limited edition (and this was in 1991 or so, mind you). To this day, even though I'd subsequently owned even more remarkable, good ol' American machines, it's still the car my wife misses the most.

Comment

Yeah, well. You lived in dorms and had just fallen in love. Of course that's the car she misses most.

Ford is one of the companies that made America America, and while it probably tried to rely on that status far longer than it should have when it should have been paying attention to consumer needs, it is still an institution worth a certain respect. I love Fords, and my first car was also a Ford-Mazda. Later, I drove a Ford-Kia. I enjoyed them both very much.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

When I was a young surfer/high school student I drove a 1956 Chevy station wagon. Woulda preferred a 'woody' but that's another story!

When I was a young suburban housewife/mom I drove a 196? Ford Falcon Futura. Still woulda preferred a woody.

Now that I'm a rural, beachcombing tutu, I'm considering a Chrysler PT Cruiser...with the woody package! Oh wait. Chrysler? That's OT...sorry...

Comment

Among the cars I've had over the years were a 1970 Ford Maverick & a 1976 Chevy Camaro; from the days when I bought what I could afford in used cars.

Among the cars I've bought new - a 1990 Mazda Protege & a 1994 Saturn SC-1.

So much for any loyalties.

Comment

Re: Chevy vs Ford argument ends in death

GM just announced a recall on more than 400,000 Chevy Colorado, GMC & Isuzu mid-size pick-up trucks due to a faulty brake light switch.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan...e_down&chan=db

Beside this blunder, the Colorado is my favorite design, body-wise, of all the mid-size trucks currently on the market. I also like the new Nissan Frontier, but it's way too big to park in today's "compact only" stalls (it uses the same chassis as the Titan).

What's the deal with the industry dropping the compact truck in favor of only mid size or larger? Most of these mid-size models are almost as big as their full-size brother. I'm sure it has more to do with string-pulling by the petroleum industry than consumer buying trends.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X