Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Gov't Seeks To Dismiss AT&T Secrets Lawsuit

http://tinyurl.com/hl6eo

SAN FRANCISCO, April 29 - The U.S. government has asked a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit by a San Francisco civil liberties group against AT&T because it says the case could reveal military and state secrets.

In a "Statement of Interest" filed on Friday, the government asked U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker to throw out the suit, saying the government "cannot disclose any information that may be at issue in this case."

"The government intends to assert the military and state secrets privilege (that) permits the government to protect against the unauthorized disclosure in litigation of information that may harm national security interests," it said.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: US Gov't Seeks To Dismiss AT&T Secrets Lawsuit

What the heck else have "They " lied about and are hiding! Sheesh, so sad.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
      What the heck else have "They " lied about and are hiding! Sheesh, so sad.
      Oh, it gets worse. They're seriously considering prosecuting journalists who receive leaked info.

It's like a blogger I read sez: "I'll stop referring to 1984 when they stop using it as an owner's manual."

This country is in deep trouble as long as these guys own the legislative and executive branches of government, and have the ability to stack the judicial branch as well.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Sorry that I am off the subject but I was reading this month's Time magazine article about Global warming and it say's here:

Nasa's researcher Jim Hansen, director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies and long time leader in climate-change research, complained that he had been harrassed by the White house appointees as he tried to sound the global warming alarm "The way democracy is supposed to work, the presumption is that the public is well informed." He told Nasa "They're trying to deny the science."

As a fellow cittizen what's going on here? Why all the secrets and hush, hush? We're not STUPED!
        Last edited by Pedro; April 29, 2006, 08:57 PM.
        A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
          Oh, it gets worse. They're seriously considering prosecuting journalists who receive leaked info.

It's like a blogger I read sez: "I'll stop referring to 1984 when they stop using it as an owner's manual."

This country is in deep trouble as long as these guys own the legislative and executive branches of government, and have the ability to stack the judicial branch as well.
          Okay back on subject. Whatever happened to freedom of speach and press? Did we throw it out the back door?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
            Okay back on subject. Whatever happened to freedom of speach and press? Did we throw it out the back door?
            I guess it boils down to protecting us from terrorism or protecting our freedom.
            To me, it is a complex situation with no easy answers.
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
              I guess it boils down to protecting us from terrorism or protecting our freedom.

Theirs a difference between being told the truth and being lied to with some cover up story. I guess your right the truth is never really a simple thing. And sometime's I guess as a government you have to protect the people from themselves by not saying a thing at all. But as a taxpayer and law abiding cittizen I like to know where my hard earned dollars are going and what our country is up to and why. That's where the Press come's in.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                If "protecting us" means taking away everything the Bill of Rights guarantees, I'll take my chances on terrorism, thanks. Look at it. The NSA is wiretapping citizens -- that was one of the three counts of impeachment against Richard Nixon. We're holding Americans in jail without due process -- that violates the 5th Amendment. We're torturing people -- against the Geneva Conventions we signed and US statute. The President signs bills into law with "signing statements" that say he'll ignore the same laws if he feels its necessary.

This Administration is running amok and dragging the Constitution and the country down with it.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I hate to say it, but if we stopped being the world's policeman and interfering
                  with other countries affairs we wouldn't have as bad terrorism threat. On top that I believe the root of this terrorism threat is both religious and economic.
                  A lot these third world counties breed terrorist fanatics
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X