surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf

I hear the waters arent as warm as Oahu? Whether or not I beleive this could some give me information on various surf break access (walking/driving/biking).

Also I hear its pretty rocky/sharp volcanic reef access to most of the breaks..im used to this from Baja experience and various cali spots..

mahalo

-brandon

Re: surf

Originally posted by Brandon007
    I hear the waters arent as warm as Oahu?
    What 'waters' are you talking about?

Whether or not I beleive this could some give me information on various surf break access (walking/driving/biking).
    What island? What area?

Also I hear its pretty rocky/sharp volcanic reef access to most of the breaks..im used to this from Baja experience and various cali spots..
    Again, what area are you talking about? Is the original post one that's been moved from another forum?

Comment

Oops...

Big Island, Hilo side.

I have a friend that just got back from living in Oahu for 6 months. This is my source for all the info which could be right or wrong.

Comment

Can't help you with the Hilo area 'cept to say I've not heard Hilo and surfing mentioned together in the same sentence. Not to say there isn't any, tho'.

Comment

nooooooot what I wanted to hear

but I hear diving is real good from the volcanic rock that spills out?

Comment

Brandon, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what the heck are you asking? Are you asking if temperatures of waters off Oahu are warmer than in waters off Hilo? Or are you asking if the waters aren't as warm as the land? I'd like to offer you some help, but the question is very difficult to understand.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

nooooooot what I wanted to hear

but I hear diving is real good from the volcanic rock that spills out?
              Diving's not my thing so I can't comment on it. And, regarding surfing on the Hilo side? Don't take my word for it as I've never researched that. Of course, as mentioned previously, surfing and Hilo aren't exactly synonymous but there might be a fun break somewhere in the area! Ask around. I'd guess that during 1946 and 1960, if tow-in surfing existed, someone would've had the ride of his life!

I can't tell you if the water temp around Oahu is or is not warmer than Hilo. All I know is that both areas are warmer than the water off of So. Calif.!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                Brandon, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what the heck are you asking? Are you asking if temperatures of waters off Oahu are warmer than in waters off Hilo? Or are you asking if the waters aren't as warm as the land? I'd like to offer you some help, but the question is very difficult to understand.
                Haha, I re-read my question up top...I sound like a F-n tard!

Anyways, one made a good point: the water is warmer than where I am now.
                \m/ \m/

Comment

Working...
                X