This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levitation Train? Could this be an answer to Hawaiis Roads

Check out this picture on this website...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060501/...s/china_maglev

This looks like something that Hawaii's Freeways could handle possibly:

"The maglev train was developed by a research team at the university, one of China's key engineering schools, Xinhua reported. The technology uses powerful magnets to suspend a train above a track and propel it at high speeds.

The cost of the Chinese maglev train is low, and it is suitable for urban traffic, Zhang said."

Re: Levitation Train? Could this be an answer to Hawaiis Roads

Mufi went to Japan last year to take a look at a similar train:

http://starbulletin.com/2005/10/08/news/story01.html

Comment

Gonna have to write a new verse to "Ka`aahi Kahului"...

Comment

Just try to build one of those on the Big Island and the Politics of NO would be screaming about the destruction of the view.

That's a very practical idea, which is why the Chinese are all over it. Practicality would be usurped by bones or environment or red tape in the Islands, therefore it is highly unlikely in Hawaii.

Do you ever wonder how the Chinese built the 3 gorges damn? Bet they had very few "public hearings".
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
          I wouldn't mind sening timkona there for good though however! Palolo Joe want to join him?
          What the hell is going on today? Is Mercury in retrograde? Manoasurfer, I've talked to you about dragging your personal grudges into various threads and derailing them. Quit it.

As interesting as this particular thread might have been had it remained on topic, I'm closing it. Because I can.

Comment

Personal attacks are usually a sign that you've struck a chord. Afterall, I really applaud the idea in general. Thanks for the post Manoa.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Palolo Joe want to join him?
              I'd love to respond in kind to this, but I've already received my spankings for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                I wouldn't mind sening timkona there for good though however! Palolo Joe want to join him?
                What the hell is going on today? Is Mercury in retrograde? Manoasurfer, I've talked to you about dragging your personal grudges into various threads and derailing them. Quit it.

As interesting as this particular thread might have been had it remained on topic, I'm closing it. Because I can.

Comment

Working...
                X