Lizards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizards

I just saw on the TV this morning as I was getting ready for work that Hawaii is having a huge problem with some kind of lizard.

They had a name for it, but I can't remember it. They said it's not native to Hawaii and it's eating a lot of the other lizards

Re: Lizards

You mean this little fella who was found in Palolo Valley? It's called a brown skink (anole) and reportedly has a nasty disposition and likes to make meals out of green skinks (the ones I used to call "chameleons").

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm guessing that you heard something about veiled chameleons. They're big and, for a lizard, pretty nasty. And Miulang, skinks and anoles are two completely different kinds of lizard. The "chameleons" of the old days in Hawai'i are green anoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        You mean this little fella who was found in Palolo Valley? It's called a brown skink (anole) and reportedly has a nasty disposition and likes to make meals out of green skinks (the ones I used to call "chameleons").

Miulang
        I don't think that's the same lizard. From what I heard this other lizard is already widespread in Manoa valley and is eating all the other lizards.

Comment

Working...
        X