Local boy makes US World Cup soccer team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local boy makes US World Cup soccer team

I'm surprised no one has made a big deal about the news that Brian Ching, native of Haleiwa and Kamehameha grad, was picked as one of 23 US soccer players to go to Europe to play against World Cup teams over there. He is the first person from Hawai'i ever tapped for that honor. Soccer is considered the world's most watched sport, so go gettum, Brian!

When my nephews were in AYSO soccer, the older one would be in the outfield, picking weeds instead of watching the action on the field.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Local boy makes US World Cup soccer team

Its been a banner year

Molokai Boy wins the Super Bowl

Kona Boy gets drafted by Tennessee Titans

Little Leage World Series

etc etc
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      I'm surprised no one has made a big deal about the news that Brian Ching, native of Haleiwa and Kamehameha grad, was picked as one of 23 US soccer players to go to Europe to play against World Cup teams over there. He is the first person from Hawai'i ever tapped for that honor. Soccer is considered the world's most watched sport, so go gettum, Brian!

When my nephews were in AYSO soccer, the older one would be in the outfield, picking weeds instead of watching the action on the field.

Miulang
      Hey, I'm into it. Go Brian! I mua!

I bought my autographed Brian Ching sports cards about a month ago. I'm all set, now! Bruddah hit the big time, for sure! I can't wait to watch World Cup soccer! Hope they show a bunch of games on TV here.

(FYI, I am an AYSO coach for my kid's team.)

Blaine
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Brian Ching has been publishing a daily diary on his World Cup adventure via the San Jose Mercury News.

Unfortunately, the World Cup aspirations of the U.S. team have been cut short.

Comment

Do they get paid to play for the US World Cup team?

I always thought it was unfair in the olympics to have American Amateurs competing against other countries paid professionals....

I'm glad this changed within the last few olympics... I still can't believe our Dream Team basketball teams don't dominate anymore.

Comment

So it's Italy vs. France in the world cup...

Go ITALY!!!

I like your team colors more...

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              So it's Italy vs. France in the world cup...

Go ITALY!!!

I like your team colors more...
              I dunno...both countries have excellent wine! But Italian food to me is more interesting, so go ITALY! my goombahs here would be jumping for joy if Italy won, particularly after the scandals that broke out just before the World Cup, involving some of the top tier Italian teams (like Juventus, my faves) which may have them sent down to a lower tier division to play for awhile as punishment.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; July 5, 2006, 06:38 PM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

For Frances star player to do this in overtime in the last game of his career...

it's a shame...

This is what cost them the game IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc

Zidane got red carded and France had to play the rest of the game short-handed!

Comment

Yeah, it sucks that Italy had to win the game by a penalty kick. But as they say, "all's fair in love and foochiball!" With some of the premier Italian football teams being caught pants down in that match-fixing scandal and being demoted to lower tier leagues, I'm pretty sure that Italy won't win the World Cup 4 years from now, barring a major miracle. So let them have their win this year. And maybe in 4 years, the US will do better, too.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                  X