Political objectiveness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political objectiveness?

OMG I cannot believe I just read this statement from Congressman Neil Abercrombie as he comments on the latest flap with the Akaka Bill:

"Rep. Neil Abercrombie, D-Hawai'i, a sponsor of the bill in the House, said the draft report's recommendation reflected the commission's commentary throughout the process.

'I wish they had taken a more objective approach based on history and the context of the cause that is involved with Native Hawaiians,' he said. 'It's very difficult sometimes for people who have a political agenda to be able to actually step back and give an objective evaluation.' "

The part that blows me away is that even he indicates that it's "very difficult" to stay objective while having a political agenda...Basically he's telling me that as a Democrat it's hard to stay objective and stay true to his party affliation so that said...he's biased and cannot ever see anything else that counters his belief as factual or real.

As true as it is and I cannot fault someone for being such...it just shows that even politicians have faults too, I just wish Neil would admit that from time to time
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.
Working...
X