Gunfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunfighter

Was helping ushering a performance of the play Gunfighter at Manoa Valley Theatre on Saturday night (May 29). It's about a friendly fire incident that took place during the 1991 Gulf War. While the incident is true the names of the people involved were changed.

The incident in question involved a group of Apache helicopter gunships flying in a desert sandstorm trying to provide air support for a group of US Army ground vehicles. Some confusion occurs and a couple of those vehicles are mistaken for as the enemy and are fired upon by the helicopters killing two soilders.

While no charges had been pressed in the incident only one person was relieved of command who was in the helicopter at the time of incident.

The play showed flashbacks of the incident from at least three prespectives as well as the events leading up to this tragic mistake.

Re: Gunfighter

It sounds really interesting. Know if it'll go to CA?
    I wouldn't mind going to see it.

Comment

According to the program it played at the River Stage in Sacramento, CA a couple of years ago.

Comment

I don't recall seeing it but I might have not been interested back then. I usually go to the local theather her. I bought a summer pass to help them out. So now I'll be seeing more plays around the area.

Comment

Working...
        X