40 Least Metal Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 Least Metal Moments

as usual, i had the tv on in the background while working on my computer and this program came along and it is so damn funny! it's a flip side to their 'most metal moments' program. examples?

* alice cooper making a compusa commercial!
    * ronnie keel goes country!
    * puffy and page team up for "come with me"!
    * vanilla ice goes metal!
    * pat boone goes metal!
    * jethro tull wins the first ever metal grammy!

and of course, it's full of commentary from 'the metal faithful' and it's soooo funny.

i'm sure it'll be rerun many times....

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_gre...red_copy.jhtml
    Last edited by shaveice; May 9, 2006, 12:29 AM.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: 40 Least Metal Moments

I haven't seen the list, but here are a few things that should be on it:
    • Vince Neil getting plastic surgery -- on television.
    • Mutt Lange marrying Shania Twain -- although maybe that's so metal it doesn't seem metal
    • W. Axl Rose wearing a wig
    • The Osbournes
    • James Hetfield saying "you betcha" in the live S&M version of "Enter Sandman"
    • Spinal Tap getting lost between dressing room and stage
    • Every slow song the Scorpions did after Blackout, especially "Winds of Change"
    • Jon Bon Jovi's cuteness
    • The video for "November Rain"
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
      * puffy and page team up for "come with me"!
      These days, someone might call that just a mash-up, not one of the least metal moments...

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        I haven't seen the list, but here are a few things that should be on it:
        • Vince Neil getting plastic surgery -- on television.
        • Mutt Lange marrying Shania Twain -- although maybe that's so metal it doesn't seem metal
        • W. Axl Rose wearing a wig
        • The Osbournes
        • James Hetfield saying "you betcha" in the live S&M version of "Enter Sandman"
        • Spinal Tap getting lost between dressing room and stage
        • Every slow song the Scorpions did after Blackout, especially "Winds of Change"
        • Jon Bon Jovi's cuteness
        • The video for "November Rain"
        How about the member(Lemmy) of Motorhead being Bisexual? Auwe!
        Last edited by alohabear; May 9, 2006, 06:12 AM.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

I still like the Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gormé cover of Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" (online clips here and here).

Comment

Currently CC Devilee (Poison) and Steve Harwell (Smash Mouth) on VH1's "Surreal world"

Cindy Lauper managing a pro-wrestler in the original Wrestlemania

William Hung (SHE BANGS) LMAO (American Idol)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Cindy Lauper managing a pro-wrestler in the original Wrestlemania
              For the longest time, I thought Captain Lou Albano was HER manager, but that was because he claimed a lot of credit for her success. Lauper managed Wendi Richter, who defeated Albano-managed The Fabulous Moolah.

Comment

* jethro tull wins the first ever metal grammy!
                One of many embarrassments the Recording Academy has suffered over the years. I wasn't yet a member, but I recall how bad this one was at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  One of many embarrassments the Recording Academy has suffered over the years. I wasn't yet a member, but I recall how bad this one was at the time.
                  . . . . . . .

hey leo. you know, in that list of top 40, there are some like bon jovi and metallica cut their hair--okay, so that's not very metal BUT juthro tull?!?!?!??!?!?!? how in the world did that one happen?!!? the committee would have had to be stoned out of their minds to even think about that one.... oh wait! that must have been it!!!!!!

ps: how do you like the attached picture? is that not enuf to give you whiplash!?!?!?! (for those too young to know, that's pat boone!)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by shaveice; May 9, 2006, 01:48 PM.
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

BUT juthro tull?!?!?!??!?!?!? how in the world did that one happen?!!? the committee would have had to be stoned out of their minds to even think about that one.... oh wait! that must have been it!!!!!!
                    Frankly, if they HAD been stoned, they might have had a better grasp of the music. Too often, Grammy voters play it extremely safe, particularly in new categories where they are less familiar with the music. Many people think that's why slack-key has won the first two Hawaiian Album awards (not to take anything away from those fine albums, mind you.)
                    (for those too young to know, that's pat boone!)
                    Boone doing heavy metal was a joke that he himself didn't get, but if you haven't heard Paul Anka's "Rock Swings," check it out. Great...arrangements, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      ou haven't heard Paul Anka's "Rock Swings," check it out. Great...arrangements, at least.
                      Or, give Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine a try... hip-hop and rock songs done lounge-style...

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                        [...]Cindy Lauper managing a pro-wrestler in the original Wrestlemania[...]
                        Cindy Lauper on the Dr. Ruth show!

Comment

Okay, okay. Hang on. While it's true that the William Hung thing and the Cyndi Lauper things are not very metal, it doesn't make any sense to mention them for this list because neither of them is metal to begin with. You might as well include your Uncle Kip's hairpiece falling into the punchbowl, if you're going to start counting things that are non-metal in the first place.*

Vanilla Ice going metal -- that counts, 'cause it's about metal. Pat Boone and Paul Anka, they count too, because the source material is metal. But no on Cyndi, William, and the guy from Smash Mouth.

You people are hurting my back!

* Unless your Uncle Kip is Kip Winger
                          Last edited by scrivener; May 9, 2006, 07:16 PM. Reason: "here we are now...entertain us..."
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Oh, and I agree with Leo. That Paul Anka stuff is awesome, especially his "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Have any of you heard Johnny Cash's excellent reinterpretation of Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage?" Terrific.
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Does Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) Rocking out with Run DMC count (Walk this way.... Hey diddle diddle) Count???

(Damn... I loved that song)

I would say that was actually the beginning of a whole new genre...???

I would agree w/ scriv. about Cyndi Lauper (even though I mentioned it)
                              However, she did try and rock out...and by her looks at times... you might mistake "HER" for a Metal "HIM"
                              Last edited by damontucker; May 9, 2006, 07:32 PM. Reason: and I love this song

Comment

Working...
                              X