Coming Soon From Marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon From Marvel

Hey all you comicbook movie fans out there! Mavel Entertainment has just announced the list of movies in development.
    The projects to which screenwriters are now attached and have officially begun development include Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Ant Man, Captain America, Nick Fury and Thor. The announcement was made today by Avi Arad, Chairman of Marvel Studios.
    "We are incredibly excited to be able to attract some of Hollywood's top talent to help Marvel launch the first wave of our independently-produced film slate. These screenwriters and directors are at the top of their game, and each brings a unique passion for the individual characters and projects they will be working on.
    I can't wait for Iron Man and Thor to become movies.
    Last edited by alohabear; May 9, 2006, 06:25 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Coming Soon From Marvel

I love marvel comics too! Thor would be awesome can you imagine the effects?

.... but I am hoping for a DC hero to come out making a movie one day soon and that would be WONDER WOMAN! I have been her fan since I was 8.... she ROCKS!
    Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Originally posted by kaneohegirl
      I love marvel comics too! Thor would be awesome can you imagine the effects?

.... but I am hoping for a DC hero to come out making a movie one day soon and that would be WONDER WOMAN! I have been her fan since I was 8.... she ROCKS!
      I know what you mean, If they make it like Lord of the Rings and keep it in Asgard with Peter Jackson's WETA/CGI doing the effects, it would rock!

BTW... here's the latest on Wonder Woman.

Flickr

Comment

I really would like to see a good captain america movie....just gotta make sure they get a cool lead actor to do it....

I also think thor and iron man would be great movies....Iron especially....

I'm totally against ant man getting his own movie...i mean unless they make it really kid friendly....like honey i shrunk the kids meets super hero...

Wow seems like marvel is trying to make movies for everyone who is in the avengers....eventually at some point in time..there will be this great big movie with all the marvel characters fighting each other...xmen vs avengers vs fantastic 4 vs blade vs spiderman vs punisher..it will be great...
        'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Anyone care to comment on the movies already made?
          Hulk ... Daredevil ... Batman Begins ... Spidey

Any anticipation for the ones in production ...
          Ghost Rider ... Hulk 2 (?) ... X3 ... Spidey3 ... Supes Returns?
          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

x3 looks awsome, Batman Begins was intense, and over all enjoyable, while the dissapointment i found in hulk one will probably keep me from seeing hulk2 if there is one. Haven't seen or heard of the others
            808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
            kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
            http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador

Have to keep in mind that Batman and Superman is from DC not Marvel.

In any event I know before this annoucement the various Marvel related movies were done by different studios so they couldn't do crossovers. A good example is Spider-Man and Daredevil. In the comics both titles took place in the same city and one of the supporting characters in Daredevil is a newspaper reporter that worked at the Daily Bugle, the same place where Spider-Man worked in is secert id of Peter Parker. Since the movies were done by different studios they had to redo the reporter to another newspaper to avoid licensing problems.

If this annoucement is trying to say that they are going to do it with the same studio the possibilty exist that if they do the individual heroes in their own movie then when the time comes to make something like the Avengers they should not have a license problem.

This is not an issue for any of the DC related characters since DC is owned by Warner (it did since the 1970's, I hoping it still does) and the Warner movie division can do the movies.

Comment

Origin movies are always weak, so I'll give Hulk 2( The villian this time will be the Abomination ) and Daredevil another try. I really hope Venom makes appearence in Spidey 3. Venom is the last icon villian in the Spiderman comics. I would also like to see more of the Punisher.

Flickr

Comment

I thought Batman Begins was sort of an origin movie and was good. Same for Spidey 1. Isn't Superman Returns a origin movie also?

Comment

I thought Batman Begins was sort of an origin movie and was good. Same for Spidey 1. Isn't Superman Returns a origin movie also?
                    Superman Returns takes place 5 years after Superman 2.Batman Begins was good because it kinda followed Batman: Year One storyline....I hope they do Year 2.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                      Origin movies are always weak, so I'll give Hulk 2( The villian this time will be the Abomination ) and Daredevil another try. I really hope Venom makes appearence in Spidey 3. Venom is the last icon villian in the Spiderman comics. I would also like to see more of the Punisher.

OH cool at least the Hulk will be fighting a real villian...i've got no idea who the hell the villian was suppose to be in the last movie. Do you really want to see another punisher? how many would there have been 3? I'm really suprised they are making ghost rider but no Dr.Strange? I guess they could get into some trouble with the religious fanatics...but Dr.Strange could be cool....maybe Johnny Depp could do it or something.
                      'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

I think the Hulk's last villian was his "past" I believe it was The Absorbing Man . A poor representing of him.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                          I think the Hulk's last villian was his "past" I believe it was The Absorbing Man . A poor representing of him.
                          Yea that was a very bad representing of him...especially since he was bald, really big...strangely carried around a ball and chain...and u know had real powers....

But i guess nick nolte is pretty crazy himself....they could bring back the same guy who was bruce banner..but for a nerdy doctor...he was a pretty big guy.

Comment

I was hoping that Marvel would be developing the Silver Surfer soon. I know that years ago they were talks about it , but so far just talks.

Actor Victor Varnado is working with Stan Lee on a new superhero movie....yet unnamed:
                            STAN LEE - The movie that I co wrote with Stan Lee will be shooting at the end of April. I can't believe things have gone this far this fast. I still can't tell you details about the movie, but I will be sure to let you know more as soon as the reigns of confidentiality have been lifted
                            Let's hope Stan's still the Man, Victor played the demon that fell in tiny pieces in End Of Days .

Flickr

Comment

List of Comics to Film
                              http://comics2film.com/ProjectInd.php?f_sort=Alpha

Comment

Working...
                              X