Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maui trip - van rental - 9 people!!!

hello,

does anyone know of a car rental agency that offers a 9 passenger van?

i've looked at the various car rental agencies online and the best i could find was an 8 passenger suv.

would a 9 passenger vehicle require a different type of drivers license?

any info is greatly appreciated.

joel

Re: maui trip - van rental - 9 people!!!

Try this link. I don't think many of the car rental agencies on Maui have more than minivans for rent because larger vehicles are rarely asked for.

I normally book through Aloha Rent a Car on Maui rather than one of the national agencies because their rates are lower (they offer late model but not necessarily current model year compacts, mid-size and jeeps). Maybe you could try renting 2 mid-size cars instead of one big van. That way, if some people didn't want to do one activity, they'd still have a car available for their own trip. (Another insider tip: I like renting "older" cars because they are less likely to get broken into [the car prowlers are more likely to think you're local if you drive an older model car]). The national chains only have current year cars.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; May 9, 2006, 06:45 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: maui trip - van rental - 9 people!!!

thank you, miulang.

i'll take a peek at the link.

and, i think you're right... have two cars will be better just in case the women want go shopping - doh!!!

i guess the guys will go fishing

joel

Comment

Working...
      X