This photo says it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This photo says it all

I saw this in today's Honolulu Advertiser. The photographer captured a wonderful moment:

Click here to see family photo.

Marine Capt. Eric Thompson was greeted by his wife, Christina — and got his first look at his 8-week-old daughter, Remi — yesterday at Marine Corps Base Hawai'i in Kane'ohe on his return to Hawai'i from a five-month deployment in Afghanistan. Thompson, of San Diego, was one of 100 with the 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment who came home two months earlier than expected.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Re: This photo says it all

Oh yes! I love the joy in this picture. What a beautiful family. What a feel-good photo!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Oh my God. My eyes got wet.

What a beautiful portrait.

Comment

I'll admit that I normally skip right over stories like this (this war is driving me insane), but I really liked this photo, too. Almost read the article.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

ALOHA & LOVE!!!!!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

What a lovely photo!!
            Lovena

Comment

b e a u t i f u l.

what a great gift to come home to.

<snif>

Comment

That's the kind of picture that you'll remember for a long time like the sailor that kisses that unknown woman in New York in the ticker parade celebrating the return of American soldiers at the end of WWII!

And the baby's sporting a shaka sign!
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  And the baby's sporting a shaka sign!
                  Look again, Craig. No thumb.
                  Instead of a shaka, it appears that the baby must be a fan of the Texas Longhorns.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Not fair I don't want to cry but it's such a nice picture. Must not shed a tear No. It has that feel good appreciate the small things in life inside sad happy moment to it. Do you think there should be some sort of melody added to it to give it a stronger effect? <Weep> <Weep> I am crying what's wrong with me? It must be the Onions, I am cutting lot's it, that's why.
                    Last edited by Pedro; May 10, 2006, 12:59 PM.
                    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                      Look again, Craig. No thumb.
                      Instead of a shaka, it appears that the baby must be a fan of the Texas Longhorns.
                      Nah, look again, both of you. To cap off this sublime moment, the baby is signing the symbol for "I Love You."
                      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Here's one picture that tells the extreme opposite from the happy one. For those of you not from the Big Island, here's a picture from the Tribune-Herald that'll just turn your heart. So sad:

And here's the story behind this wrenching photo: http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...ws/local01.txt

Comment

Hey, great buzzkill Craig. Way to kill the mood.

Comment

It's a talent.

Comment

Working...
                            X