300 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 million

I browsed past the US Census Bureau's web site and was arrested by this figure: the estimated population of the USA, right now, is 298,717,859.

Back when I was in school, the accepted figure was 200 million. Now it's 300 million.

Eeek.

[added:]

Ack! Now I remember why 200 million is so stuck in my head. It's from an old Burger King commercial.

Two hundred million people
    No two are quite the same
    Each doin' things their own way
    Each plays a diff'rent game...
    Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; May 11, 2006, 01:59 PM.

Re: 300 million

Is that increase mainly from immigration or births?

Comment

And gosh, millions of them are under surveillance by the NSA!

I guess we can assume that Verizon turned our phone records over to the spooks, since it was our phone company up until recently.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The population grew by some 2.8 million people between July 2004 and July 2005, according to US Census Bureau estimates.

'...Bureau figures released Wednesday show the U.S. population grew by 2.8 million between July 1, 2004, and July 1, 2005. Hispanics accounted for 1.3 million of that increase, with 800,000 attributable to natural causes -- births minus deaths -- rather than immigration...." The Hispanic birthrate in the US is 3 kids per family, while non-Hispanic groups are averaging 1.8 kids.

"...Census statistics also show that 45 percent of children under age 5 are from a racial or ethnic minority.

About a third of Hispanics were younger than 18, compared with a fourth of the population in general, the bureau said...."

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Is this counting all the illegal aliens too?
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
            Is this counting all the illegal aliens too?
            I dunno if the US Census Bureau keeps track of illegal aliens. My guess is they don't really, which means the total Hispanic population might be even higher than the stats show.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X