I'll be the first to start it off. Here's one:

This person created a play called Peter Pan what's his name? :confused:

anapuni808
May 11th, 2006, 11:21 PM
it was an English gentleman named Barrie - didn't anyone see the movie? :D

Leo Lakio
May 12th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Barrie, James Matthew - side note:
Before his death in 1937, Barrie made a gift of the copyright (as it applies in the EU) to Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children in London, entitling them to royalties from any performance, publication, production or recording of the work and any derivatives. That copyright expires in 2007. Status of the copyright in the US is still in dispute.

Leo Lakio
May 12th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Here's a new one ---

Best known for his music, what songwriter/producer has also been celebrated in recent years for his mystery works, including plays on Broadway and two novels, one of which was made into a film in 2005?

lavagal
May 12th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Here's a new one ---

Best known for his music, what songwriter/producer has also been celebrated in recent years for his mystery works, including plays on Broadway and two novels, one of which was made into a film in 2005?

Sam Sheppard?

Leo Lakio
May 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Sam Sheppard?Nope - keep trying. Hint: one of his earliest songwriting successes was about cannibalism.

Moto
May 12th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Ruppert Holmes?

Leo Lakio
May 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Rupert Holmes?Correct. His first novel, "Where The Truth Lies" was made into a film by Atom Egoyan, starring Kevin Bacon & Vince Vaughn. It was a flop.

But the novel was a great read, and his second one ("Swing") is even better. He's had several successful shows on Broadway, including the musical "The Mystery of Edwin Drood" (based on an unfinished Dickens story), and a one-man show about George Burns, "Goodnight, Gracie," which starred the late Frank Gorshin.

The cannibalism song was "Timothy," recorded by a group called The Buoys.

And if you ask him about the "Pina Colada Song" - he will say "yes, I wrote it --- and I apologize."

Paul
May 12th, 2006, 08:28 AM
It can't be Truman Capote. He's not known for his music.

Leo Lakio
May 12th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Another music-related one:

Who invented Liquid Paper, and had a famous musical son?

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Who invented Liquid PaperI don't know, but it was hilarious how the writers had Lisa Kudrow's character in Romy and Michele's High School Reunion claim she invented the POST IT. :D

Here's "un-Googleable" question...

This fictional character had band members named "Mo' Ne'ah", "Mo' Fah" and "Mo' In Between".

Who is he?

Miulang
May 12th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Another music-related one:

Who invented Liquid Paper, and had a famous musical son?
Betty Nesmith Graham, whose son is Mike "hey hey we're the Monkees!" Nesmith.

Miulang

lurkah
May 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM
This fictional character had band members named "Mo' Ne'ah", "Mo' Fah" and "Mo' In Between".

Who is he?

Abdula Fata'ai? :D

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Abdula Fata'ai? Roger that.

This fictional character was featured on a television commercial doing a blind soda taste test. But he preferred the cracker (palate cleanser) much more than the soda.

Who is he?

lurkah
May 12th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Roger that.

Are you serious? It was, at least I thought it was anyway, I wild guess. All I remember about Abdula is that Frank Delima sang that song but not what the song was about. :confused:

lurkah
May 12th, 2006, 09:48 AM
This fictional character was featured on a television commercial doing a blind soda taste test. But he preferred the cracker (palate cleanser) much more than the soda.

Who is he?

Just guessing for fun now: Glen Miyashiro? :p

Kilinahe
May 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Mr. Barbosa

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM
re: This fictional character was featured on a television commercial doing a blind soda taste test. But he preferred the cracker (palate cleanser) much more than the soda.

Nope. Glenn Miyashiro was modeled as the "typical local Japanese male".

Not Mr. Barbosa either (whoever that is).

Hint: He wasn't created by Frank DeLima. ;)

lurkah
May 12th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Hint: He wasn't created by Frank DeLima. ;)

Mahalo for that clarification. So now I narrowed it down to either Rap, Andy, or Booga Booga. :D

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM
O.K. One more hint... "I like da' crackah".

Glen Miyashiro
May 12th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Sounds like the old Rinso detergent guy: "I liked da package."

lurkah
May 12th, 2006, 11:10 AM
O.K. One more hint... "I like da' crackah".

Bu La 'Ia? :D Brah, I remember the skit, I just can't place the face.

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
O.K. One more hint. He had a Japanese last name and he wore a Primo Beer Can Yarn hat (remember those!). ;)

lurkah
May 12th, 2006, 11:27 AM
O.K. One more hint. He had a Japanese last name and he wore a Primo Beer Can Yarn hat (remember those!). ;)

Yeah I remember those hats were the rage at the Swap Meets.

Was it a skit by Booga Booga?

Paul
May 12th, 2006, 11:41 AM
The name is on the tip of my tongue. Give us another hint, what's the first letter?

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 11:48 AM
The name is on the tip of my tongue. Give us another hint, what's the first letter?

Somebody give me an "O".. "O!!!!"

Paul
May 12th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Is it Mr. Okuda?

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Is it Mr. Okuda?O.K. Close enough. It was Mr. Okada from Rap Replinger's "Secret Taste Test" skit. The character's whole name was James Kilpatrick Mauhine Montegue DelRio Okada Junior the third, but the host conveniently shortened that to "Mr. Okada". He had to choose between SODA "A" or SODA "X", but instead, he made a meal out of the soda cracker palate chaser.

It was hilarious when that soda cracker dangled off his goatee. Cracks me up every time!

Paul
May 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I know. I remember the commercial too, "I like da cracka". The funny part about it was the announcer who spoke in a very formal voice.

Paul
May 12th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I've got one. Name the local surfer who popularized the Lightning Bolt logo in the 70s.

lurkah
May 12th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I've got one. Name the local surfer who popularized the Lightning Bolt logo in the 70s.

Gerry Lopez?

Paul
May 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Right! That was too easy. I remember all the kids had those chains with the bolt back in the day.

Pomai
May 12th, 2006, 01:30 PM
This science fiction character was the third incarnation of a series. He drove a vehicle named after a type of storm system.

Name the character and the vehicle.

Hint word: Henshin

Glen Miyashiro
May 12th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Too easy... if you're the right age. Kamen Rider V-3 and his Hurricane.

Pedro
May 12th, 2006, 06:35 PM
He wrote many different books
They're so simple that it hooks.
His ryhme's are fun to learn.
He has wacky characters to burn,
You might say easy to read
and good imaginative world indeed.
Eveyone heard of him by now
If not I don't know how
His book's are small and colorful.
with wacky different animals.
So can you guess this author name?

U'ilani
May 12th, 2006, 06:51 PM
He wrote many different books
They're so simple that it hooks.
His ryhme's are fun to learn.
He has wacky characters to burn,
You might say easy to read
and good imaginative world indeed.
Eveyone heard of him by now
If not I don't know how
His book's are small and colorful.
with wacky different animals.
So can you guess this author name?It's either Dr. Seuss or Maurice Sendak.

Pedro
May 12th, 2006, 10:35 PM
It's either Dr. Seuss or Maurice Sendak.
I was going for Dr. Seuss

Pedro
May 13th, 2006, 10:25 AM
This person was a gifted mathamatician who invented different theories in math and was groundbreaking in his success, but later on in the middle part of his life he went MAD. There was a movie that came out in 2001 and it was about him which won 4 academy awards by the way. Who is this dude?

lurkah
May 13th, 2006, 11:35 AM
This person was a gifted mathamatician who invented different theories in math and was groundbreaking in his success, but later on in the middle part of his life he went MAD. There was a movie that came out in 2001 and it was about him which won 4 academy awards by the way. Who is this dude?

John Nash.

Pomai
May 13th, 2006, 11:54 AM
...as portrayed in the film A BEAUTIFUL MIND.

Next...

This person once misspelled a spud.

lurkah
May 13th, 2006, 12:12 PM
This person once misspelled a spud.

Dan Quayle.

Pomai
May 13th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Dan Quayle it is. I suppose if you asked GWB to spell NUCLEAR, he'd write NOO-KEE-LUR. :eek:

Pedro
May 13th, 2006, 07:31 PM
These five fiction characters changed after being contimated by a small broken cannister of toxic ooze. What's their names?

Pomai
May 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
These five fiction characters changed after being contimated by a small broken cannister of toxic ooze. What's their names?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That's after my time, but I thought the movie was pretty cool. At least better than the cartoon.

Speaking of turtles, this science fiction character was created out of the Kaiju boom of Godzilla.

Pedro
May 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That's after my time, but I thought the movie was pretty cool. At least better than the cartoon.

Speaking of turtles, this science fiction character was created out of the Kaiju boom of Godzilla.

Hey I loved the Cartoon at least the original, it was the show I use to watch in third grade that inspired me to take karate at the time along side transformers GI Joe, Voltron and Thundercats :D

Pedro
May 13th, 2006, 09:38 PM
This certain author wrote a story about a young girl who gets whisked away on an adventure into another world there she encounters a world of different characters one in particular goes after her for her shoes. And while she is running from this person she meets up with three characters who follow her on her quest. This author wrote this story at the age of 44. You might know the story he wrote becuase there was a movie that was sort of like a musical which is now owned by Sony picture's by the way but recently their was also a musical called "Wicked" which is the prequel to his time classic story and was featured in broadway that won some tony awards as well, but wasn't written by him. Who is this auther I am speaking of that created this childrens story that became a movie which everyone has to have seen at least once in their life time.

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 07:43 AM
This certain author wrote a story about a young girl who gets whisked away on an adventure into another world there she encounters a world of different characters one in particular goes after her for her shoes. And while she is running from this person she meets up with three characters who follow her on her quest. This author wrote this story at the age of 44. You might know the story he wrote becuase there was a movie that was sort of like a musical which is now owned by Sony picture's by the way but recently their was also a musical called "Wicked" which is the prequel to his time classic story and was featured in broadway that won some tony awards as well, but wasn't written by him. Who is this auther I am speaking of that created this childrens story that became a movie which everyone has to have seen at least once in their life time.
Da Wizard of Oz

Miulang

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=Miulang]Da Wizard of Oz

You got the name of the story but who created it? ;)

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=Miulang]Da Wizard of Oz

You got the name of the story but who created it? ;)
L. Frank Baum

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=Pedro]
L. Frank Baum

CORRECT! NOw I have to think of something else to throw at you guys not to worry, I will come up with something interesting, but good one Miulang

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 10:48 AM
A certain Monk who was born in the 6th century of India was taught Buddhism and later he travelled to China to teach this belief along his way he visited a certain Shaolin Temple at Song Chan. He went their to translate Buddhist texts from Sanskrit to Chinese. But when he got there he was refused admittance and was rejected by the monks. He went to a nearby cave and meditated for nine long years or so legend say's and when he came out of the cave he started teaching the monks who at the time were weak in mind and body, how to do Chi Gung which later turned into Kung Fu. He also introduce Chan Budhism which is called "Zen" Can anyone tell me who this monk is?

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM
A certain Monk who was born in the 6th century of India was taught Buddhism and later he travelled to China to teach this belief along his way he visited a certain Shaolin Temple at Song Chan. He went their to translate Buddhist texts from Sanskrit to Chinese. But when he got there he was refused admittance and was rejected by the monks. He went to a nearby cave and meditated for nine long years or so legend say's and when he came out of the cave he started teaching the monks who at the time were weak in mind and body, how to do Chi Gung which later turned into Kung Fu. He also introduce Chan Budhism which is called "Zen" Can anyone tell me who this monk is?
'twas Bodhidharma (http://www.zenmind.com/bodhidharma.html), the first patriarch of Ch'an Buddhism. He is symbolized today by the red "Daruma (http://www.zenmind.com/bodhidharma.html)" dolls that can be found in many Buddhist temples and at festivals.

Miulang

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 02:09 PM
'twas Bodhidharma (http://www.zenmind.com/bodhidharma.html), the first patriarch of Ch'an Buddhism. He is symbolized today by the red "Daruma (http://www.zenmind.com/bodhidharma.html)" dolls that can be found in many Buddhist temples and at festivals.

Miulang

Miulang - You ROCK and your answer is CORRECT! ;) I'll come up with another one. ;)

Pomai
May 14th, 2006, 02:19 PM
This person was the leader of a cult who commited suicide in hopes they could travel space and time by hitching a ride on the tale of a comet.

What was the cult and leader's name?

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM
This person was the leader of a cult who commited suicide in hopes they could travel space and time by hitching a ride on the tale of a comet.

Marshall Herf "Do" Applewhite and his group was called "Heaven's Gate"

Miulang

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM

That cult was called Heavens gate and I believe the leader's name was Marshal Applewhite. I hope hope I am right........Muilang your fast. I got one and I will post it right on the bottom it's still on China though.

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 02:40 PM
On the same subject of "cults"...who's the only cult leader who's ever been on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted Criminals list, and why was he put on that list?

Miulang

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
This Chinese General was born in 1103AD in the era of the Song Dynasty. His mother tatooed on his back these words "Jin Zhong Bao Guo" which meant Loyalty and Patriotism. When he was young he swore he would recapture the lost territory in the North of China that was over run by the Jins and free the two Emperors held captive at the time. He joined the Chinese military and rose to the ranks. He started waging battles with the Jin and he was routing them North it was said that he once defeated an enemy said to be 500,000 strong with only 800 soldiers on the outskirts of today's Kaifeng. This General was called back from his duties and was betrayed by the Chinese Prime Minister Qin Hui who cited him for treason and had the general and his son executed.

Who is this General?

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM
On the same subject of "cults"...who's the only cult leader who's ever been on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted Criminals list, and why was he put on that list?

Miulang

Warren Jeff's because of some sex charges. Am I right? :confused:

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Warren Jeff's because of some sex charges. Am I right? :confused:
Yup. He's the head of the FLDS and he must've really pissed off somebody in local or national government to get put on the same list as murderers. There's a $100,000 bounty on his head. Maybe you'll spock him when you move to Layton, Pedro! :D

Miulang

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 03:06 PM
This Chinese General was born in 1103AD in the era of the Song Dynasty. His mother tatooed on his back these words "Jin Zhong Bao Guo" which meant Loyalty and Patriotism. When he was young he swore he would recapture the lost territory in the North of China that was over run by the Jins and free the two Emperors held captive at the time. He joined the Chinese military and rose to the ranks. He started waging battles with the Jin and he was routing them North it was said that he once defeated an enemy said to be 500,000 strong with only 800 soldiers on the outskirts of today's Kaifeng. This General was called back from his duties and was betrayed by the Chinese Prime Minister Qin Hui who cited him for treason and had the general and his son executed.

Who is this General?
General Yuefei of the Southern Song Dynasty

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Yup. He's the head of the FLDS and he must've really pissed off somebody in local or national government to get put on the same list as murderers. There's a $100,000 bounty on his head. Maybe you'll spock him when you move to Layton, Pedro! :D

Miulang

Maybe I might spot him, than I will turn him in and make myself some money :D

Pedro
May 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM
General Yuefei of the Southern Song Dynasty
Sure was, he was the one that came up with the Martial Art Animal style Eagle Claw hence his name meant Flying Eagle. The emperor at the time knowing that the other two emperors would be freed once Yuefei defeated the jins sent 12 golden Imperial Decrees to the general asking him to stop. The Emperor knew that once they were rescued he would have to step down. But this Prime Minister dude poisened the Emperers mind by telling him to get rid of the war party or else the leader might come back and claim china as his after the war was finished. When the Prime Minister was asked what was the Generals crime he said "Mo Xu You" which means "Something quite possible." which became a synonym for false accusation 20 years after the execution the Emperor built a shrine for the general and near the shrine the traiters (the prime minister and his wife) are in some kind of cast iron bent down with their chest exposed and their arms tied behind their backs staring at Yuefei.

Miulang
May 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Name the local actor who played recurring bit roles in 2 shot-in-Hawai'i series and who is now (at least when something was last posted on his bio) an elected judge?

Miulang

Menehune Man
May 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Name the local actor who played recurring bit roles in 2 shot-in-Hawai'i series and who is now (at least when something was last posted on his bio) an elected judge?

Miulang

Kwan Hi Lim
Detective Tanaka in Magnum PI and a "Bad" guy in Hawaii 50.

Menehune Man
May 14th, 2006, 08:18 PM
The first Hawaiian convert to Christianity named ( _ ) left Hawaii in ( _ ) year?

He was 26 in 1818 when he died of typhoid fever in Cornwell, Connecticut.

Leo Lakio
May 15th, 2006, 07:37 AM
L. Frank Baum...and the green witch in the book (and musical) of "Wicked" was named "Elphaba" in tribute to Baum.

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Clue number 2 for same man...

Because of a slim volume he wrote about his life, his feelings, and his philosophies that was published after his death, the destiny of Hawai'i was forever changed.

Leo Lakio
May 15th, 2006, 07:47 AM
The first Hawaiian convert to Christianity named ( _ ) left Hawaii in ( _ ) year?

He was 26 in 1818 when he died of typhoid fever in Cornwell, Connecticut.Henry Opukahaia - 1808?

Pedro
May 15th, 2006, 09:50 AM
This Pirate was born in 1679 and in the middle part of his life turned good after getting into a dog fight with a british ship. Later he became a English Privateer and a Governor of the Bahama's. He hunted pirates and gave pardons to any who turned from their criminal acts. Who was this person?

Miulang
May 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Kwan Hi Lim
Correct, MM! :)

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Henry Opukahaia - 1808?

Yes Leo Lakio! Here's a LINK (www.coffeetimes.com/henry.htm) to his story.

tutusue
May 15th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Kwan Hi Lim
No fair...Kwan's your landlord! :D

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 06:00 PM
No fair...Kwan's your landlord! :D

Even better than Google, eh?!

Pedro
May 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM
This Pirate was born in 1679 and in the middle part of his life turned good after getting into a dog fight with a british ship. Later he became a English Privateer and a Governor of the Bahama's. He hunted pirates and gave pardons to any who turned from their criminal acts. Who was this person?
Don't 4get about mines now, but take your time ;) It's about Pirates

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Of boy! How'd I miss one on Pirates!

It's Woodes Rogers who's life later inspired Daniel Defoe to write the famous novel "Robinson Crusoe".

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Here's a LINK (blindkat.hegewisch.net/pirates/whoswoodes.html) I've found about Woodes Rogers.

Pedro
May 15th, 2006, 08:12 PM
CORRECT MM! I will have to dig deeper for more people to throw at you guys :D

Pedro
May 15th, 2006, 08:40 PM
This person made a traffic light built on railroad signals which was installed in Detroit of 1920. He was the son of a former slave and was born in 1877 in Kentucky. This person also saved 32 men trapped during an explosion in an underground tunnel 250 feet beneath Lake Erie, by using his gas mask. His picture was taken in the newspaper along with the others who helped but his name was never documented. In fact his invention was used for the first world war. Who is this person?

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I should know this man... I remember seeing a program awhile ago on the "first gas masks" Hmmm... Let me think ;)

Pedro
May 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I should know this man... I remember seeing a program awhile ago on the "first gas masks" Hmmm... Let me think ;)

It came on the History Channel but I did some further investigation on the net. Can you figure out who this person is? :)

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Is is Lewis P. Haslett? I Googled it and got the patent # 6529

Pedro
May 15th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Is is Lewis P. Haslett? I Googled it and got the patent # 6529

Nice Try, but NO. Here's the answer it was Garret Morgan. You see the traffic light was invented before there was cars on the road and it was installed in London Garret Morgan just perfected the system.....If you were talking about gas mask than CORRECT! You see Garret Morgan was a business man and he came up with something called the Morgan Safety hood which is I think closely designed like the first gas mask, but than again who's to say they both protect people from harmful airborne bacteria. :rolleyes: I hope we never have to use either one of them to breath out in the open air. That would be scary

Menehune Man
May 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Ooops! I was still thinking gas masks not street lights... oh well.

At least I didn't lose any money... HaHa! :D

Pedro
May 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Ooops! I was still thinking gas masks not street lights... oh well.

At least I didn't lose any money... HaHa! :D
That's true but I am too broke to give anyone money but I hope that doesn't stop them from playing.... :D

Menehune Man
May 16th, 2006, 08:14 AM
In 1891, ( _ ) left everything he knew behind, boarded a steamer in Marseille, France and travelled aboard a succession of ships for 69 days to Tahiti to "live in peace and to avoid being influenced by our civilization ... to create simple art."

Miulang
May 16th, 2006, 08:19 AM
In 1891, ( _ ) left everything he knew behind, boarded a steamer in Marseille, France and travelled aboard a succession of ships for 69 days to Tahiti to "live in peace and to avoid being influenced by our civilization ... to create simple art."
Paul Gauguin

Menehune Man
May 16th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Paul Gauguin

Yes indeed!

Menehune Man
May 16th, 2006, 09:34 AM
In September 1835, ( _ )'s voyage aboard the HMS Beagle brought him to the Galapagos, where he was famously taken with the differences between the inhabitants of the different islands, especially the finches and tortoises.

Glen Miyashiro
May 16th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Charles Darwin.

Menehune Man
May 16th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Charles Darwin.

Another correct answer!

Pedro
May 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
This person was once a technician for Atari, he also helped make one of the first apple computers, and made popular the Apple Ipod. He also bought Pixar from Lucas Arts. Who is this person?

Miulang
May 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
This person was once a technician for Atari, he also helped make one of the first apple computers, and made popular the Apple Ipod. He also bought Pixar from Lucas Arts. Who is this person?
Steve Jobs?

Pedro
May 16th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Steve Jobs it is Miulang and good job that was sure fast. ;)

Pedro
May 16th, 2006, 01:40 PM
This fictional Character invented a small device called the Flux Capacitor which allows it's users the ability to time travel. Who is this Character?

Pomai
May 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM
This fictional Character invented a small device called the Flux Capacitor which allows it's users the ability to time travel. Who is this Character?

Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmett Brown in Back to the Future with Michael J. Fox

Menehune Man
May 16th, 2006, 01:48 PM

Dr. Emmett Brown from "Back to the Future". :D

Pedro
May 16th, 2006, 03:09 PM
both are CORRECT!

Pedro
May 16th, 2006, 03:23 PM
This fictional Character is a good natured Novitiate who love's to sing. She is hired to care for the 7 children of a militaristic icy, widowed Austrian Captain. In the end she wins the heart of the children by teaching them how to sing and warms her way into the Captains heart. She and the Captain and the kids escape their home's from the Nazi envasion. Who is this Character?

Pedro
May 16th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Here's another hint. Her name starts with an "M" The story was made into a movie and came out in the mid 1960's and it was also a musical it surpassed Gone with the wind as the number one box office hit of all time. It was surpassed however by Greese in 1978.....

Pomai
May 16th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Her name starts with an "M" The story was made into a movie and came out in the mid 1960's and it was also a musical it surpassed Gone with the wind Maria, a nun who becomes a nanny in The Sound of Music.

This recently-turned-famous Hawaii native had a lead role in a broadway musical based on a movie who's title and theme song was performed by Kenny Loggins.