Digital Binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Binoculars

Noticed that Costco is selling Bushnell Binoculars that also has a digital camera on them. Has anyone tried them out?

Re: Digital Binoculars

What? Binoculars that can take pics? So, its like a digicam w/ the ability to take pics w/ its high powered zoom lens?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I admit that I knew that something like this existed via spam email (not that I was tempted to buy it but it made me aware that such a device was available) for at least a year.

About a week ago I noticed that Costco was selling the Bushnell brand for around $90 or so. Don't know all the features of the product but checking the Bushnell web site yielded these products. I suspect that it might be the 11-8321 model but I am not sure.

Comment

Do you remember the price? Costco's website doesn't list it.

My immediate reaction is that a "real" digital camera with a full optical zoom lens (either a digital SLR, or my 12x Lumix) is probably a better bet. Then again, you can get 2MP at 8X for $199, or 4MP at 12X for $499. Price is definitely a factor.

Comment

Just roughly. All I know it was below $100 which is my threshold for buying digital cameras. Would have purchased it too but I had a couple of relative's milestones to contend with and the device uses a SD card to store the images (another cost item to worry about).

The fact that it is not on the web site would mean that this item is either only available at select stores, it's a one time thing or it's a test run to see if the product can sell well.

Comment

I stopped by Costco on Tuesday mid-day. The binoculars were originally by the DVD but today they wasn't there. I asked one of the workers what happened and he said go check by the camping supplies. I tried looking over there and I didn't find it (unless I was looking at the wrong place).

Comment

Working...
            X