Don't forget the fathers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget the fathers!

Father's day is a bit over a month away, on June 18th, and if course we can help each other by sharing gift ideas.

What do you get someone who has every tool in his workshop anyway? My Dad is a workaholic, always working in his workshop or busy on his trucks or just fixing something around the house. He works in the construction biz and also does pretty mean masonary work also. I probably can't get something useful for my Mom, but I can probably work something out for my Dad. Any ideas?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Don't forget the fathers!

Adrian...does your dad have any interests that aren't related to construction, tools, masonry, etc.? Can you think of anything he's mentioned that you can embellish on such as an old movie he loved years ago and you can get him the DVD? Any special music he likes and you can burn him a compilation CD? Is there a special photo of you, your siblings and parents that you can have enlarged and framed? These are all sentimental gifts and maybe your dad isn't sentimental like mine was. Is your dad the type who would like custom coupons good for a car/truck wash by you or any other chore(s) that he'd appreciate help with?

Comment

How 'bout a Home Depot gift card and joining him on the day he goes to use it?
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        Adrian...does your dad have any interests that aren't related to construction, tools, masonry, etc.? Can you think of anything he's mentioned that you can embellish on such as an old movie he loved years ago and you can get him the DVD? Any special music he likes and you can burn him a compilation CD? Is there a special photo of you, your siblings and parents that you can have enlarged and framed? These are all sentimental gifts and maybe your dad isn't sentimental like mine was. Is your dad the type who would like custom coupons good for a car/truck wash by you or any other chore(s) that he'd appreciate help with?
        .... nope. If anything, he's like other fathers: enjoys sports, loves a good BBQ, and loves getting his hands dirty. I guess its because his father showed him to work at a young age (he never finished High School) and he came to Hawaii and immediately went to work in construction.

Oh well, I got a month to let it stew and figure out something.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
        X