Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks HPD will go to Dodge chargers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thinks HPD will go to Dodge chargers?

According to this article, the '06 Dodge Charger maybe the next cop car of choice, replacing aging Crown Vics.

Now, I won't expect HPD to replace their entire fleet of Crown Vics with Chargers, but again I don't see HPD replacing perfect cars with the Charger.

Here's a quote from the link:

I may not have been allowed to play with the car's lights and sirens, but it was interesting to see the variety of buttons used by police to operate the multitude of functions both offer. The "Take Down" button is the one that pretty much illuminates everything on the car to make it easier to take down a perp. The arrow buttons make the roof lights point traffic in a particular direction, while the "Alley" switches turn on powerful side lamps to illuminate dark areas to the side of the car.
    Another downside to this, is that now people will respray their Chargers to white and scare people with them.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who thinks HPD will go to Dodge chargers?

There was also reports that HPD was going to do away with subsidizing private vehicles for police use. Instead, EVERY officer including sergeants would drive marked patrol cars while on duty.

While that's a great idea to increase visibility and police presence, if I had the rank and seniority, I might feel kinda' jipped. There's an officer who patrols Hawaii Kai with a Mustang that has a killer exhaust system.. throaty V-8 "I'm gonna' get ya'" rumble!

If backseat space weren't an issue, I'd rather they go with the proposed new Dodge Challenger!
    Last edited by Pomai; May 14, 2006, 03:07 PM.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      There's an officer who patrols Hawaii Kai with a Mustang that has a killer exhaust system.. throaty V-8 "I'm gonna' get ya'" rumble!
      Yeah, it's pretty funny... these cops just looooove to ticket those with mods on their rides, yet they get a free pass to put all the illegal bells and whistles on their own cars (including blackout tint... yep, ILLEGAL) because nobody's gonna write them a ticket.

Just like they'll write you a ticket for a rolling stop at an intersection, yet they blow through stop signs like there's no tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        If backseat space weren't an issue, I'd rather they go with the proposed new Dodge Challenger!
        Whoa! That's a beauty! The last time I coveted a car like that it was the 1969 Challenger 6-Pack! Woo woo!!!!

blaine
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I'd love to see Dodge/Plymouth come out with a retro 1972 Roadrunner GTX. That was one car I'd drop my Ford for in a heartbeat...no that's Chevrolet...Hmmm
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The use of private cars as HPD police cars has always been interesting. Some officers pick cars that are appropriately intimidating and yet regal looking, but others, not so much. Once I had to do a double-take as I thought I saw a minivan used as a police car... but instead it was just a less than muscular SUV.

Just this past weekend I saw a Chrysler 300M with a blue dome light. The officer also put on a chromey aftermarket grille to further emphasize the already unusual front design. I have to say, it looked a little silly.

At least he didn't have spinners.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              At least he didn't have spinners.
              LOL. "gangsta police officer" - with spinners, a chrome grille, leather seats, big a** subwoofer in the trunk and gold shiny tinted windows. The rappers might mistake him as a homie, rather than a cop.

But since we're on the topic, what about if an officer buys and restores an impala and uses that as his car? Complete with the graphics, whailing siren, and rotating light.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
              X